168

"Baicheng?"

Fei Qianchi called out. The man was awfully distracted today. He was staring off into space. Fei Qianchi had already been calling out his name for a while.

Baicheng looked back, "Did you say something?"

"Are you alright? You've been zoning out for a while now." Fei Qianchi asked. The man was awfully distracted today.

Fei Qianchi had returned just this morning. Zhu Longwang had to stay a while longer so Fei Qianchi returned by himself. As soon as he got back, he met up with Baicheng. He didn't expect that the man would be so out of it.

"Oh... I'm alright. Actually, Qianchi, I have to leave for a while." Baicheng still had a light smile on his face. "There are some matters that I have to resolve."

Fei Qianchi's eyes warmed, glittering with emotions. "Is that so? Then you should go. I don't want to take up too much of your time. I know that you have your own personal problems to solve." Fei Qianchi softly replied.

Baicheng smiled, his face warming. He stretched out a hand, softly caressing Fei Qianchi's cheek as the man leaned in. "I'll be back. I don't know how long it will take but I'll be back."

Fei Qianchi nodded his head. "I know." He knew that Baicheng would come back soon. Their relationship was now deeper and although they haven't done anything, Baicheng was more open to skin-ship now.

"I will be back. For sure. I just don't know how much will change by the time I come back." The man smiled, his eyes glinting mysteriously.

Fei Qianchi looked at the man opposite of him. Those eyes made him restless, but he wasn't startled at all. Deep down, it even felt like something was soothing him.

"Come back soon." Fei Qianchi smiled as he whispered.

"Of course." Baicheng replied. "How can I bear to leave without settling things?" The man smiled, looking as gentlemanly as always.

Fei Qianchi watched carefully. Even though he was worried, it felt like his body worked against his own mind now.

-

Soon, Baicheng left. As Fei Qianchi walked around Taohua peak, there was a small smile on his face.

There was a small purr in the air as a white figure ran on the ground. Fei Qianchi stuck out his hand. "Xiao Bai!"

The white cat was as arrogant as before. Licking his paws, he leaned into Fei Qianchi's arm. Fei Qianchi could only shake his head as he walked further into the peak. Zhu Longwang should be here somewhere. He just didn't know where he was precisely.

Baicheng had left for a while now. Two weeks had passed. With every passing day, Fei Qianchi felt a deeper fear setting in him. He had never been gone for so long before. Fei Qianchi basically stuck to the man's side most of the time. It was rare that Baicheng was not by his side. The longest they had gone without seeing one another was one week and even then, Fei Qianchi couldn't hear to stay away for long.

Fei Qianchi didn't know why, but ever since that day he passed out, Fei Qianchi found it hard to separate from Baicheng. There was just an intense longing in his heart whenever he separated from Baicheng. He didn't understand why, he merely thought that his feelings for the man was too strong.

Stepping deeper into the peak, Fei Qianchi gently rubbed the white cat in his arms. He smiled to himself. Truthfully, he really did love Baicheng. Knowing that the man was his savior, he knew that he could trust him. And, although it was weird how intense his feelings were for the man, Fei Qianchi only thought of it as normal.