2.6

Daniel looked at his computer screen, his eyes on the screen but his mind was on a whole different story. He was sure that Andy and the child from his memories were the same person, that being known, what had happened throughout these years? What had caused Andy to become the person he was today?

Daniel didn't mean it in a bad light, he just wanted to know why the Andy from his memories and the Andy now seemed different. If anything, ever since that day, Daniel would've thought that Andy was living a great life.

But then, Daniel suddenly remembered something from two years ago, when Avian was in a coma. As he thought about it, his heart grew intense with fear.

It was a conversation between Rose and Theo, something that Daniel had overheard. Because he didn't know anything back then, he hadn't thought about the things that he should've. Now thinking back on it, Daniel felt like a fool. The facts were right in the open, yet Daniel didn't notice anything weird. He had always thought that Avian and Rose treated Andy close, but now, Daniel felt like the greatest fool ever.

~Two years ago~

Daniel stood outside the hospital room, about to open the door and walk in when he overheard two voices, seemingly arguing.

"If he comes back, then a heart would be given to Avian. I will force him to come back if I have to. You should know how much Avian means to me, and you should know that that bastard child will never be considered mine."

"Do you even know what you are suggesting? Are you trying to make this family crumble apart even more than what you have already done? Think about what you just said, because to me, it sounds like the plot of murder."

"What do you mean murder? It won't be murder if he agrees to, it won't be murder if he gets into an accident. As long as any of these things happen, Avian will have a heart. That means that my child will survive this ordeal. And family? That bastard isn't even of my blood, why should I care if he dies or not? Isn't that bastard your son from your old girlfriend? That child isn't mine, and I will never consider him mine."

"You need to calm down, and think about how your words make you look like right now. Think, because you are tearing down your image. Anyone in their sane mind would never suggest such things. You're right, he isn't your child, he isn't of your flesh and blood, but he is mine. Just like Avian is, he is of my flesh and blood. Whatever you've done to him in the past, you should know clearly enough that I still despise you for your actions, and that should already be a warning to you. You have scarred him, harmed him beyond of my control, and I regret the fact that I only found out after he left. I regret that I only found out after I could no longer help him out, after you have scarred him beyond recovery. You, as a mother should know the pain of your child being harmed, so why did you do that to him!?"

"Oh! So now you're going against me? I am the one who married you, why should a bastard child be the eldest son, why should I have to pretend like I gave birth to him when I didn't? I was in love with you and because of that, I married you. Because of me, you gained power and wealth, yet you actually had a child with some other person."

"I don't love you, I only married you because your father pressured me into it. Power and wealth, I could have gained that with my own hands. I had someone I loved, and she was the love of my life. Yet, you who were infatuated with me, you forced her and I apart, yet you think that I am in the wrong? She killed herself, she killed herself after giving birth to my child because of her pain. She left that child at our doorstep, leaving only a letter behind. She jumped off of a building, she killed herself because she couldn't take the pain she was going through. And who do you think was the cause of it all? Everything you have done, I can no longer stop it, but I will let you know this. If you even think about doing anything to him once more, I will not let you go. You have already took away the love of my life, I will not let you take away the son that she left for me."