1.7

The sound of the door opening startled Bai Mengxiang as he turned his head towards that direction. Seeing who it was, he got up, his hand resting on top of his stomach.

"Yongheng, you're back sooner than you usually are." Bai Mengxiang said, offering a sweet smile as Xu Yongheng took his hand and led him back towards the bed.

Xu Yongheng held Bai Mengxiang's hands tightly in his own, his face filled with tiredness.

"The people from Yu Nation came." Xu Yongheng didn't try to hide his feelings as he said that sentence.

Bai Mengxiang was able to tell that something had upset Xu Yongheng.

"What happened?" Like a docile wife, Bai Mengxiang remained calm as he gently asked Xu Yongheng this.

"They asked me about the request to become alliance. I gave them the answer, but now, that means that I will have to wed their prince." As Xu Yongheng said this, he looked into Bai Mengxiang's eyes, trying to find any hint of shock, but only found gentleness within them.

"Yongheng, it will be fine. Even if you do marry him, I'm sure that you will still love me the same." Bai Mengxiang gently said, his words seemed as if he was calming Xu Yongheng.

"That's not what I'm afraid of. I saw the look on Yu Zhuang, the prince that I am to be wed with. It wasn't one that I like. It seemed like he had gotten some weird idea into his head, and he would stop at no ends to accomplish it. I'm scared that he would harm you once we reveal your pregnancy." Xu Yongheng sighed, the image of Yu Shuang appearing in his mind and he shook it away with disgust.

"Why are you scared? I'm sure that you will stop at nothing to protect, right?" Bai Mengxiang's smile lifted the worry feeling away from Xu Yongheng's heart, as he also returned a smile.

[Male lead's love meter is now at 87%, please continue working hard Host.]

"You're right. I will stop at nothing to protect you and our child." Xu Yongheng replied, a bright smile in his face as he pulled Bai Mengxiang into his chest.

After a brief silence, Bai Mengxiang spoke.

"The banquet to be held for the welcoming of the Princes from Yu Nation will be held today, right?" Bai Mengxiang asked, putting his hands on top of Xu Yongheng's hands that were wrapped around his waist.

"Yes. Why are you asking about this matter?" Xu Yongheng asked, confused about why Bai Mengxiang would start asking about this.

"Yongheng, if it is alright with you, I would like to attend the banquet," Bai Mengxiang managed to say.

Xu Yongheng was shocked, but then, fear took over his heart.

"So soon? Why don't you wait for a while more before you appear in the eyes of others?" Xu Yongheng tried to think of something else, hoping that Bai Mengxiang would get distracted.

"I've been staying hidden for far too long. I'm sure that Imperial Mother has begun speculating that something has happen. I'm already quite far along in my pregnancy, so since there is this event, I might as well attend. I'm sure that I will have to attend anyways." Bai Mengxiang consoled Xu Yongheng speaking softly.

"But-" Xu Yongheng stopped as he looked into Bai Mengxiang's eyes that were seemingly begging him.

"Ok. I guess that we can reveal your pregnancy at the banquet today. But, you must promise to remain by my side, and in my sight. You aren't allowed to leave without me. During the banquet, even though I'm aware that everyone will know, I will still announce your pregnancy." Xu Yongheng couldn't help it as the worry side of him popped up.