1.6

Bai Mengxiang laid peacefully on the bed, his waist hugged by a figure behind him.

Another month had passed, Xu Yongheng's love meter was now at 80%.

Bai Mengxiang's stomach had grown big enough that the many layers of clothes he wore couldn't hide his belly from showing. As of now, the only thing he could do was stay low in his palace as Xu Yongheng and he had talked about this before.

They both had decided not to tell anyone of this matter until it came to the point where they couldn't hide it anymore.

Bai Mengxiang felt like he had a very doting husband. Seriously, he felt like a pampered princess or something. At times, Xu Yongheng wouldn't even let him walk two feet away from him, and was almost by his side 24/7. Bai Mengxiang had started to get use to it now. He liked being pampered.

Just then, the figure behind him suddenly loosened his arms and slowly got up. Bai Mengxiang used this moment to pretend that he had just woken up.

"Are you going to the morning court?" Bai Mengxiang asked, his eyes still misty from just waking up.

Xu Yongheng looked at him, his heart filled with happiness as he softly kissed Bai Mengxiang's forehead.

"Yes, you should go back to sleep. You haven't been getting much sleep these days." Xu Yongheng said as he started to wear his clothes for morning court.

"You've been telling me to go back to sleep too often. As a wife, I should help you out more." Bai Mengxiang got up from the bed and walked towards Xu Yongheng. He then grabbed the clothes as he helped Xu Yongheng put it on.

"What more do you need to do? Just being by my side is more than enough. You should get more rest. You shouldn't have to wake up so early just because of me." Xu Yongheng said, grabbing Bai Mengxiang's hand that stopped by his chest and held it.

"But still, I feel like I'm being too pampered by you. This isn't good for you. You have so much you need to do, I can't take up so much of your time. You have the whole nation on your back, this is one of the only things I can do for you." Bai Mengxiang said, leaning his head on Xu Yongheng's chest.

Xu Yongheng let Bai Mengxiang lean against his chest, his hand reaching up to touch Bai Mengxiang's stomach, caressing it.

"Yu Nation wants to form an alliance with the Xu Nation. They are betrothing one of their princes to me. I wanted to tell you and ask for your opinion." Xu Yongheng broke the silence with this startling sentence.

"Accept it. As much as I want to be the only one in your life, I know well enough that you are still an Emperor. If you are able to form an alliance, Xu Nation would profit by much. I just don't want your feelings to change towards me. That's all I wish for, your love, and for this child of ours to grow safely." Bai Mengxiang said, no longer leaning on Xu Yongheng but now staring into his eyes with an understanding smile.

"I promise that my heart won't be able to change, and I will make sure that our child grows safely." Xu Yongheng declared, smiling as he bent forwards and landed a soft kiss on Bai Mengxiang's lips.

A pink flush broke out on Bai Mengxiang's cheeks, his face appearing even more alluring with it. Xu Yongheng pulled away, smiling as he suppressed his laughter.

"Now go. Don't be late to the morning court." Bai Mengxiang gently pushed Xu Yongheng towards the door, trying to hide his flushed face.

Xu Yongheng said his farewells, and Bai Mengxiang sat down on a chair, calling Xiao Lan in.

"Imperial Noble Consort, what can I do for you?" Xiao Lan asked, her eyes filled with happiness and joy.

"I will have to bother you to go and make me another bowl of herbal tonic, Xiao Lan." Bai Mengxiang asked, rubbing his forehead as he looked at Xiao Lan.