9

George POV (Third person)

"SAPNAP, GET OFF!" He told his friend half fight. The heavy weight from another body on top of his disappeared as Sapnap fell off the small bench. They both wheezed until they lost their breath. It was the kind of laugh you only are able to create when you are with your closest friends. He smashed his hand on the bench to try and get back his control over the situation. George breathed calmer and calmer for each punch. After a while both him and Sapnap were able to calm down and look in eachothers eyes without breaking back into laughter.

It was a long time ago they both had a moment like that without Dream breaking it saying that they "need to focus". George couldn't help but feel weird over how relaxed he had been the last hour. Now they actually had a goal to thrive for. Was he overthinking this? Where was Dream anyway? George looked around the room seeing only himself and an exhausted Sapnap sitting on the floor.

"Where did Dream and Y/n go?" Sapnap emagetly scanned the room. George noticed how his friend's body tensed up with the feeling of not knowing where his sister was. It was beautiful to see the close bond they had even though being partnered for so many years. As his mother would have said, their relationship made Georges heart blush.

Sapnap POV (First person)

"Where did Dream and Y/n go?" I quickly looked around the room to see nothing. I don't know why I expected to see them sit there on the bench in front of me. But I did, and when they were gone I felt my heart drop. I know that she knows how to take care of herself. And that Dream would help her if she needed it. But I just couldn't let my mind think those happy thoughts. I just saw those dead bodys from the village. I felt the blood taste in my mouth from when I ran away from the flames burning so close to me.

(flashback)

A weird scent appeared in my nostrils. I couldn't quite put my finger on what that smell was. I have definitely felt it before. In one way I just want to get out of bed, something tells me that I should get out but my eyelids are too heavy. The sleepiness is pushing me too far down my mattress. It is only getting hotter and hotter. I am starting to believe that I am having a nightmare. It feels like every part of my body is burning. That is the moment I realized what the scent is. It is smoke, the smoke from a fire.

I jump out of my bed just to fall down again. The smoke has gotten into my head. I close my eyes and try to make a picture in my head. I see light. When I open my eyes the next time I am outside. Far away from my village on top of a mountain. I am looking down on my burning home, almost everything is burned down. My shirtless body is full of burn marks and scratches. My clothes had turned on fire as I ran. The pillagers chased me as I fled for my life. I have no Idea of how I got away, I never even opened my eyes. The sound of ravengers echoed in my brain.

I knew that I had to continue walking. That I had to flee and never turn back. But I just couldn't turn my head from the total chaos. The bodies, the houses that had turned into coal and ashes and the grass that now was black. Nothing was the same. Everything was black and dead. He just turned away and closed his eyes. The picture of his sister appeared. Her y/h/c hair, beautiful y/e/c eyes and just everything about her. He just broke down and fell on his bruised knees. Would he be able to survive without her? Everytime he closed his eyes she showed up.

(End of flashback)

I still see her everytime I close my eyes. I have just learnt how to use her as motivation. She has always been the one to keep me going. She was the one who told me to keep walking. She was the one who led me to my best friends, Dream and George. This time she tells me to trust her and Dream. She tells me to believe that they will come back.

"I think that they are fine." I smiled at George. I actually felt happy. He smiled back at me and looked happy too. Relaved maybe? "Who knows, maybe they are having a lot of fun." A big smirk appeared on his face. "Oh no you didn't just say that." I answered him with a playful yet threatening voice before attacking him once again.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I hope the length was ok. It was a bit shorter that usual. I would also like to apologize if this chapter was a bit boring since it mostly was about Sapnap/Nicks backstory. But it is necessary so hopefully it was at least ok!

I am trying to upload once a week and more often if I feel motivated. I have totally forgot to say that before but yeah. Here it is :)

And as usual I hope that you are doing fine and that you will have a good day or night! :)