•Chapter 24•

James sat there, not knowing what to do, he couldn't deal with any more rejection from Lily. He thought she finally liked him, but well he wrong. Of course she didn't, how could she like him, he was silly to think of it at all. Probably not as stupid as chasing a girl who kept rejecting you for 6 years though, he thought.

With a flick of his wand, he cleaned up the area and walked back to the Gryffindor Dormitory. He couldn't face Lily in the Head's Dorm right now. Honestly, he didn't know how to face Lily at all, what would happen next? Would she give him an explanation?

He walked into his old dormitory and found the other boys doing something he was too much in his own thoughts to notice. "Oh hey Prongsie how was your date with our precious Lilyflower?" Sirius asked noticing his best friend had entered the Dorm.

James just shook his head in reply and sat on his old bed, "Me, her are never happening." Was all he said. All the boys' expressions changed quickly. "James what happened? Asked Remus calmly and James told them. You'd probably find it such early teenager-girl thing to tell your friends all about your date but he needed this, he needed them.

______________

Lily lay in her bed, her mind was a chaos, why didn't she say yes to James?

"Oh you're a freak, I don't want a freak for a sister!" Shouted Petunia.
"But we are best friends!" Replied Lily.
"I don't want a freak for a best friend!" Petunia answered.

That's why.

"Mudblood!" Snape had yelled, in front of so many people.

That's why.

"We cannot be friends anymore!" Lily shouted. "Why not?" Replied the boy. "You know why!" Lily said. "Lils please, it was a mistake!" Snape said grabbing her wrist. "Don't touch me!" Lily shouted, her face red with anger. "Fine. I don't want the mudblood filth on me anyway." He said.

That's why.

What if James left her too? She was tired of people betraying her.

No, came a voice in her head. "No." Repeated Lily. "No." She repeated again. And every time she repeated it she believed it a bit more. "No!" Lily said, smiling now, for some reason. Her heart was telling her her to trust James and her mind was telling her to go kiss him right now. But you know what? She could wait a few hours.

************

It was morning, everyone was at the Great Hall having breakfast, except Lily. The mood at the Gryffindor table where the Marauders and Marauderetts were was grim. The girls knew something was wrong and the boys knew what was wrong.

But then entered Lily, she walked into the Great Hall, her palms sweating. She was going to do it, she couldn't let herself hurt James anymore. She took small steps towards the Gryffindor Table. The girls noticed her and waved her but James, Sirius, Remus and Peter didn't. Oh no she thought.

What if he says no?

No it's alright Lily, she told herself, you have embarrassed him too many times to care about yourself getting rejected now.

She reached the Table and in a second she was beside James. "James Potter." She said as James looked up with sad eyes. "James." Lily said again. James nodded as if to show he was listening.

"Jamesbemyboyfriend" Lily said nervously. "Sorry didn't catch that." Replied James, confused. "James Potter, be my boyfriend? Asked Lily finally, looking straight into his eyes, but she said it a little too loud. Most of the students were staring at the pair silently, in complete shock. Someone on the Slytherin Table was red with rage.

James smiled like he had never before, "I thought you'd never ask." He replied as put his hands on her cheeks and kissed her, in front of the whole Great Hall, and she kissed him back, in front of the whole Great Hall.

_________________
*Flashback ends*

So when his Godson asked him those cruel words, Sirius Black thought of this, this moment, that his best friend had been waiting for too many years, the moment he knew that James Potter and Lily Evans were going to be something amazing.

*************

A/N
I could have uploaded it the day I uploaded the previous chapter but that would have been no fun right? (sorry lol)

Also I hope you all do remember how this story started, the starting of the first chapter because only that way will the end of this chapter make sense. (If you don't remember quickly scroll back to Chapter 1 lol)

Thank you so so much for 2k+ reads! Please do vote <3