•Chapter 17•

Happy Halloween!🎃

————————————

At 4:30 you could see the Lily's room was a complete mess. The unmade bed was piled up with makeup, accessories and dresses. The girls were running here and there around the room helping each other.

Marlene was going for a black smokey eye with red lips Something this bold was definitely what you expected from Marlene. She was that wearing-leather-jacket-even-in-summers person, The boldly beautiful model you saw on tv and desperately wanted to be like but still knew that you couldn't rock that like her. For her hair she did a side braid that led to a messy bun in the end.

Mary went for a minimalistic yet beautiful light pink makeup look with straight hair left open and a kind- of braid

Mary went for a minimalistic yet beautiful light pink makeup look with straight hair left open and a kind- of braid. Her dress, somehow, perfectly represented her kind personality. Mary had a sophisticated, pastel kind of style. She was that uniquely pretty but shy girl that would open up only with her close friends.

 She was that uniquely pretty but shy girl that would open up only with her close friends

Alice went for a dark blue-black eyeshadow with light pink lips. She didn't really had to style her hair because they were in a cute pixie cut. Her hair cut and the fact that she chose a short dress for a ball perfectly represented her different ( in the best way) and polite personality.

 Her hair cut and the fact that she chose a short dress for a ball perfectly represented her different ( in the best way) and polite personality

And finally Lily, she went for a silver-ish eye look that matched her dress with a nude shade for the lips. She had a braid starting from the top of her head to the side, the ends of her hair curled and twisted in a low ponytail. The dress made her look beautiful yet strong in way that said touch-me-and-I-will-kick you.

At 6:20 all of the girls were ready and looked as amazing as one could

At 6:20 all of the girls were ready and looked as amazing as one could. They all started making their way out of Lily's room and saw all the four Marauders looking as dashing as ever. Sirius and James had undeniably good looks and Remus and Peter too, looked handsome.

James was wearing black dress robes with a blue shirt and the same could be said for Sirius except that his shirt was light grey, which matched his eyes (as noticed by Remus). Remus was wearing dark blue robes with a white shirt and Peter, brown robes with a cream coloured shirt.

"Wow boys, you clean up well." Said Marlene.  "Thank you. You all look stunning as well." Said Remus as he took Marlene's right hand a pecked it lightly. "Oh such a gentleman!" Said Marlene, mockingly. Remus raised an eyebrow at that comment, "I try. C'mon let's go now." He said as he once again took her hand and started going towards the Great Hall for the Ball.

"Shall we go too my beautiful date?" Said James in a mock flirtatious way, though his eyes seemed distracted by someone else. "Sure, sure." Mary said as she took James's hand. "Well our dates will be waiting for us at the Great Hall so let's go!" Said Alice as they all nodded and left the Head's Dorm.

The Great Hall looked absolutely awesome. It had Halloween decorations all over, something that reminded Lily of the small muggle Halloween parties, though obviously they were never this good. Instead of the usual 5 long tables, were many round tables each with the capacity of 8-10 people. Skeletons were charmed to walk around and were also the bartenders at the bar. ( "How is it a bar! There is no alcohol!" "Sirius stop shouting!" )

Lily was waiting for Oliver to arrive since the past 10 minutes. Well now at least I know that he is not a gentleman she thought. Finally she saw Oliver arrive, laughing at something some other girl had said. Wow he is late and has another date! Thought an angry Lily.

"Oh look, finally my precious date has arrived!" Said Lily in a such a sweet tone that anyone near her would now be scared. "I am so so sorry Lily, That 5th year from my house would not leave me alone, please don't be mad!" He said, sounding genuinely sorry. "Okay okay, c'mon let's go." Said Lily, who could not help but forgive Oliver at his sorry tone. He was wearing black dress robes with a white shirt and looked good, like everyone else present in the Ball.

Lily was sitting at the table with her date, James and Mary. It was awkward to say the least. Sirius and his date were dancing as were Alice and Frank. Remus and Marlene had disappeared towards the bar. James looked too good for Lily to not look at him and the same could be said for James who himself couldn't help but keep glancing towards Lily.

"C'mon Lily, can I have this dance?" Asked Oliver. Lily smiled and nodded and the two went to the dance floor where their other friends could be seen. "Mary, would you do me the honour too?" Asked James. Mary laughed as she said yes and followed James to the less crowded part of the dance floor where clearly everyone were having fun.

James, being a pureblood had to learn how to dance at a pretty young age for the frequent Balls and so was pretty good at it. Same could be said for Sirius and Marlene.

"You really wanted to go with Lily to the Ball didn't you?" Asked Mary, noticing his very frequent looks towards a specific red-head. "Yeah, yeah I did." Said James, finally defeated by his pretence of not caring. Mary whispered something in James's ears that made his eyes light up.

Oliver and Lily were too dancing, they both were definitely having fun but as much as she hated to admit it, It would have been more enjoyable if it was someone else. Suddenly the pair heard a voice behind them,

"Can I have one dance, please?"

************

Part two coming soon xx

I'm really bad at hairstyles and hence the bad descriptions sorry <3

Also it was not my plan to post this chapter on the actual date of the Ball, but I realised it 2-3 days ago that I could actually post it today, a beautiful coincidence isn't it?

It's James and Lily's death anniversary today bye let me cry in the corner :((