•Chapter 21•

Both Alice's and Marlene's eyes widened with absolute shock. "REALLY!?" Yelled Alice. Lily just nodded her head. "Lily, honey, he didn't force you right?" Asked Marlene. "NO!" Shouted Alice, before Lily had the time to answer. Lily and Marlene looked at her skeptically.

"Oh um I know him since he was child because of us being purebloods and stuff, I know he can be arrogant sometimes but he won't ever do that." Said Alice. The other two girls were a bit surprised at that. They knew that Alice never disliked James in the earlier years as much as they did but they didn't know that Alice and James were childhood friends.

"Well to answer your question Mary, no, James didn't at all force me to do it, in fact I was the one who initiated it." Lily said, mumbling the last part. "Wow Lils I am impressed." Said Alice, smirking. "I am guessing you are confused as to where this will go now?" Asked Mary, saying exactly what was in Lily's mind.

Lily nodded, " I thought he would ask me out today, but it doesn't look like he is going to. Then I thought maybe I should ask him out but now I don't know if I should." "Oh c'mon Lils, James can't avoid you even if it depended on his life." Joked Mary. "Yes Lils, girl power, if he doesn't ask you out, you do it!" Said Alice.

"But what if he says no?" Said Lily. "Well then he would be more stupid than that Lovegood boy's theories." Said Mary, grinning. "Thanks guys." Lily said, smiling.

***************

"That's the worst idea you have given till now Pads." Said James, rolling his eyes at the boy. Sirius scowled dramatically and turned towards the other boy standing beside him. "Moony, you don't think I am as bad,  do you?" He asked, with adorable puppy eyes. "No Sirius." He replied, giving a small smile.

"Yay!" He shouted as he put his right hand around Remus's shoulder. "Oh of course you would take your boyfriend's side." Said Marlene, jokingly.

Remus's and Sirius's face reddened at that. Sirius lifted his arm from Remus and stepped one step back from him. Both were muttering something like 'n-no w-what'. "It was a joke boys, calm down." Marlene said, not being able to stop herself from laughing at the boys' reaction. Even James was grinning.

Sirius glared at Marlene with anger that would have made anyone apologise, well anyone except Marlene and Remus seemed to have gone in another world. "Uh okay moving on, we really do need to come up with a plan" Said James, "That does not include taking polyjuice potion to become me because someone is supposedly better at this than myself." He continued looking meaningfully at Sirius who rolled his eyes and nodded.

********************

"So now what?" Marlene asked. After more than an hour they had finally decided on a plan and were ready to execute it. "Now we wait until dinner." Replied James, excited but nervous.