•Chapter 19•

As soon as she did it, for a second she regretted it, for a second, James was too surprised to kiss back, for a second, thought Lily, it felt too awkward.

But then, it was amazing. Sudden warmth spread through her body on that cold night. Her heart pounded as she felt weak in the knees. For that moment, Lily could only think about his soft lips against hers.

As they both pulled back, Lily suddenly felt an urge to kiss him back, and it seemed James was having the same thoughts as their eyes kept lingering on each other's lips. But then, realisation hit them.

James just kissed Lily Evans, no, no, he thought, Lily Evans kissed him, the thing he could only dream about and it was everything and better from when he had thought about this happening.

Lily just kissed James Potter, THE James Potter, something if you asked an year before, she wouldn't even do in her dreams.

"PRONGS, LILY?" Came a voice from somewhere in the forest which made them both jump apart from each other. "Padfoot?" Yelled James, recognising the voice.

"Finally! See I told you he'd be here!" Said Sirius to someone beside him. "Yeah, you said that Sirius." Said the boy. "Oh c'mon Moony, you or me, whatever, we're the same." Said Sirius, jokingly. "Um y-yeah." Said Remus, who now seemed kind of red.

"They sometimes argue like an old married couple." Joked James to Lily, but it was loud enough for everyone to hear even though Sirius and Remus tried to pretend they didn't hear it and became silent.

"Why were you looking for us?" Asked James after a few seconds of awkward silence. "Because you were missing out on a lot of group fun, c'mon." Sirius replied. "Ugh, fine come Lils." James said.

Lily took his hand without saying anything, she couldn't keep his eyes of James, she was seeing him in a way she had never seen him before. She knew she liked him, but she just realised how much.

James couldn't get the kiss out of his mind, he didn't want anyone else to know so he was trying his best to pretend nothing happened. It's kind of funny, he thought, how if this happened sometime ago he would want to shout this from the top of the Astronomy Tower, but now, he felt it needed to be kept quiet. Not just for him, but also for Lily. First he, no, they needed to figure out where this was going.

When they reached the Great Hall, it was much more messier from when they had left. Instead of couples slow dancing, some students were dancing crazily on the dance floor. On around 4-5 tables was a lot of food and drinks spilt, which clearly indicated that a small food fight had taken place and no one was bothering to clear it up.

In the crowd of the dance floor, they noticed Marlene and Oliver too, both looking kind of drunk. "Someone managed to sneak in alcohol then?" Asked Lily. "Oh yeah, someone sneaked in shots of fire whiskey in the drinks." Said Sirius, looking all innocent. "Wait I missed fire whiskey!?" James said. "Don't worry Prongsie, I saved some for you." Said Sirius as he gave a small wink.

"Wait I'm hungry, wanna have something Lily?" Asked James. "Yeah." Was Lily's answer as they both made their way to a clean table where there were plates with menus beside them.

After sometime, students started going back to their dorms, some of them drunk. Sirius was standing beside Remus in front of the bar and it looked like he had finally managed to make Remus drink the fire whiskey. Marlene, Oliver, Alice, Frank, James and Lily were all sitting together at a table, talking about whatever you expected from 6 drunk wizards and witches.

"Everyone will please make their way back to their respective dorms." Came the voice of McGonagall, putting emphasis on respective. "Let's go." Said Lily to James and they both went back to their Dorms, the events of the day forgotten for that short time.