•Chapter 16•

A/N
Oh my god we were on 50 votes like 5 chapters ago and now this fic has 100+ votes! Thank you so much!

____________________

It was finally 31st October, the day of the ball, Hallowe'en. Lily woke up with a big smile on her face, she was so excited for today! The red-head brushed her teeth, took a quick bath and made her way to her friends' dorm using a quick shortcut James had told her about.

"C'mon ladies, wake up!" Lily said as she entered the dorm, only to find it empty. What? She thought, confused. She couldn't find them in the bathroom or the Common Room either so she went to Great Hall for breakfast hoping to find them there.

***********

Alice, Mary and Marlene excitedly entered the Head Dorms, wanting to wake Lily up. They went to Lily's room, Marlene ready to summon water from her wand if it was needed to wake Lily up. They entered her room and were surprised to find it empty. "Where did she go?" Asked Alice, perplexed. "Let's ask James." Mary suggested.

They nodded as they made their way out of Lily's room and saw James in the Common Room . "Hello to my date for the evening." Said Mary, in a jokingly flirtatious way. "Hello mi'lady." Said James as took her right hand and kissed it lightly which made Mary giggle. "Ugh c'mon Mary you're about ruin my ship." Said Marlene jokingly.

"Oh you two, not what we came here for." Reminded Alice. "Oh yeah, James did you see where Lily went?" Asked Marlene. "Sorry Marauderetts, but no, I just woke up." Said James. "What if Lily had gone to the Gryffindor Dorm for you guys? Or Breakfast?" Suggested James. "The first seems more likely, she doesn't like to eat by herself." said Mary as she nodded her head.

"Yeah let's go there." Said Alice. They were just making their way out of the Heads Dorm but Alice stopped suddenly and turned towards James, "You know Potter, you have changed." She said. James smiled and gave a short bow at that. "Yeah, I really wish it was Lily who went to the Prom with you." Said Mary as the girls finally left his Dorm. "Me too, Mary, me too." James muttered softly as he saw the girls leave.

****************

"Oh Lils, finally! Hi!" Said Alice as she spotted her friend sitting, having breakfast and talking to a sixth year, Dorcas Meadows. "Alice! Hey!" She replied, happily. "Oooh it's ball day I'm so excited!" Said Marlene, who was going with Remus, again, as a friend. "We all are Marls, but we're also hungry so let's please eat." Said Mary.

They all were having breakfast and soon the Marauders and Frank also came to join them. Frank quickly pecked Alice's cheek as he sat down beside her and said, "I know you're going to look so pretty today Al." Which made Alice blush. "Ugh keep it low guys, it's too much for my eyes." Said Sirius in mock disgust as all the other gave him a you-do-this-all-the-time look.

"So Sirius excited for today? I see you've got a beautiful date." Asked Lily. Sirius was going with a 7th year Ravenclaw who kept asking Sirius out and he finally gave in to go as her date for the ball. ( "But you don't like her!" "James I can't seem to get the one I actually like so shut up!" )

Sirius just shrugged and said something which sounded very much 'I wish it was someone else.' They all had their breakfast and went down near the lake to just relax.

"Okay girls, I expect to see you all in the Head Dorms at 4 pm sharp." Said Lily as she went to read something in the Library. "4!? The Ball is at 6:30!" Said James, surprised. "Oh Jamesie it takes time to look this good." Said Marlene, pointing at herself. "Yeah well even Sirius takes like an hour for his hair so can't say much." James said. "Hey!" Exclaimed Sirius in protest as all the other laughed.

_____________________

A/N
I know I'm not including much of Peter in this, but I don't like him (obviously) and have no interest in having him too much in the fic so bare with me!

- It's Jilytober! It's kinda sad that the ball is on 31st too :(

-Also yay next chapter is the ball, I'm excited to write it, hope it turns out good!