•Chapter 10•

The sun was shining brilliantly and the water in the pond glittered invitingly, just what you would expect a morning in September to be. It was perfect for the Quidditch match being held later in the morning, Gryffindor vs Ravenclaw. You could feel the excitement and nervousness in the Great Hall during Breakfast.

"We have to beat them!" Said James, who was a chaser and the Captain of the team. "And you will James." Said Remus, trying to be polite as James had been repeating the same thing since the past 10 minutes. Sirius, who was a beater, was just staring at his breakfast plate since the breakfast started and was barely eating or talking and Marlene, the seeker was trying to gossip away her nervousness. Marlene wasn't usually the seeker, she was the reserve. Because their original seeker- Orla Norman, a sixth year, had been pulled out of school because of the dangers of the war this year, Marlene had to play the seeker this year. Them being defeated by Hufflepuff last match had kind of shaken up their usual confidence, but obviously, The three didn't show it in front of their team.

"C'mon Padfoot, let's go." Said James and the pair of them got up ready to go their team. "Good Luck James." Said Lily. He gave a small smile and said, "Thank You." Since the incident a few days ago, James had been very formal with Lily, not rude or mean, he had been very polite but it was as if he wasn't letting Lily in. He had no right to be angry from Lily, he knew that because of course he didn't own her, but he was still a bit upset. Everyone wished luck to James and Sirius and started getting ready to go to the pitch themselves.

************

A loud cheer could be heard as the Gryffindor team made its way to the pitch. Another loud one as the opponent team entered too. Slytherin was cheering for Ravenclaw and the Hufflepuffs were siding with the Gryffindors. Some instructions were being given to the players, "And the Quaffle's released! Best of Luck to both the teams!" Said the commentator, Oliver.

The Quaffle was with the Ravenclaw chaser, Theodore and the Gryffindor Chasers were trying their best to get the Quaffle from him. "Theo with the Quaffle aaaaand  a good save by the Gryffindor Keeper!" Oliver commented. James punched his fist in the air. "The score is 10-0 in favour of Ravenclaw."  Oliver said. James had realised that the team's chaser were their strong point and his team's other two chasers were young and were not as experienced as the Ravenclaw ones. They had to get the Snitch as soon as possible. "Marlene! Snitch, fast." James told Marlene, who nodded in reply.

The game had been going on for the past 50 minutes and yet no one could have guessed who would win the match as it had been very dicey. Sometimes in the favour of Ravenclaw while sometimes in Gryffindor's. The spectators were on the edge of their seats the whole time, some of them with very sore throats from all the shouting and cheering.
No one had spotted the snitch and the score was 120 - 110 in favour of Ravenclaw, who had put up one of its best teams since the past 4 years.

"MARLENE MCKINNON HAS SPOTTED THE SNITCH! RILEY THOMPSON NOT FAR BEHIND!" Everyone's eyes turned towards the two seekers, even the chasers who were visibly tired. Marlene and Riley were neck to neck both trying to push each other out of the way. Being the taller one, Riley could reach the snitch more easily than Marlene and he almost had it in his hand when suddenly a bludger came his way. Because of the bludger thrown by Sirius, Riley had to move out of the way making way for Marlene to catch the snitch. "MARLENE MCKINNON CATCHES THE SNITCH! GRYFFINDOR WINS BY 140 POINTS!" Said Oliver and the loud cheers could be clearly heard.

All of the Gryffindor team flew towards Marlene congratulating her and their fellow team mates also. Lily, Alice, Mary, Peter and Remus came running towards the team as soon as the team was back on the pitch, their faces shining with happiness. "You did it!" Shouted Lily hugging the first person she could see from the three of their friends. "Um thanks Lily." Said James, who was clearly surprised. "Oh" Lily said, as she realised who it was, "Um yeah." Pulling out of the hug, both of their faces red.

"C'mon love birds, it's party time!" Yelled Sirius. They always had parties whenever Gryffindor won. A few other Gryffindors around them nodded excitedly, everyone knowing how much the Gryffindor Common Room was about to change in a few hours.