•Chapter 20•

The next day Lily went down to the Great Hall for breakfast to find all her friends already seated, even James. Lily found that a bit weird as he would always wait for Lily or at least tell her he's going before her.

As soon as everyone noticed Lily come down, Remus who was sitting on one side of James quickly shifted to the right, leaving that the only space for her to sit with the group. Lily groaned internally at her friends, not that she minded sitting beside James.

"Hi Lils." Said Remus innocently. Lily rolled her eyes and said, "Hello Remus." "Wow Lils, you are the last one today, even Sirius made it here before you." Said Marlene. "I would disagree but I know it's true." Said Sirius, grinning.

"Well, my partner in crime late left early today." Said Lily. "Oh yeah sorry about that Lily." Said James with a smile that made butterflies appear in Lily's stomach.

After yesterday night, Lily had decided one thing, if by the end of the day James doesn't ask her out, she will ask him out. She was hoping very much she wouldn't have to pursue the second option.

After the usual delicious breakfast, they all were heading out to sit near the Black Lake but James interrupted by saying, "We have Quidditch practice, sorry." "We do?" Asked Sirius, confused, they just had one two days ago. But with the look James sent him he understood, "Oh yeah, yeah we do." Remus and Peter though a but confused went with as well, "Oh okay go on you two." Peter said.

"Wait if there is practice I should come too." Said Marlene. "Uh yeah, c'mon." James said, deciding that Marlene too could be useful. So the three players went towards the Quidditch pitch and all the others decided to hang out in the Head's Dorms.

"Well that was, weird?" Said Lily as they reached the Dorms. "Yeah, I just saw one of the chasers having breakfast, why didn't he go to the practice?" Asked Alice. "Oh they probably had to discuss some strategies, maybe they only needed the senior players." Said Remus, covering up for whatever they were up to. All of them nodded in agreement.

Lily didn't understand why but she had a feeling that James was avoiding her. Maybe she shouldn't have kissed him, why didn't she realise the fact that this could make things awkward? Because you thought he'd ask you out, answered a voice in Lily's head.

C'mon she shouldn't feel guilty for that right? He had been asking her out since what? The past five years? Would she really have to ask him out?

"Lily! Lily!" She heard the voice of Mary interrupting her thoughts. "Yeah?" She replied. "Remus and Peter have to go. Remus has to help Peter for the Potions homework." Answered Mary. "Okay?" Lily said, not sure what to say. "Oh Merlin Lily, where is your brain?" Said Alice. "Do you want to do homework or well, waste time." She continued.

"If wasting time means I can talk to you about something then that." Lily said. "Well then, go on." Said Alive, curiously. "Boy Marlene is going to miss this session." Said Mary. "Um, so" Started Lily. "C'mon, it's okay, the most you could have done is committed a murder, don't be nervous." Said Alice, jokingly.

Lily glared at her and continued, "So James and I..." "Oh my god it's related to James!" Interrupted Mary. "Oh shush." Said Alice. "Wekindofmaybekissed?" She said. "Sorry didn't catch that?" Said Alice. "Ugh, James and I, we kind of maybe kissed?" Said Lily.

**************
A/N
I am so so extremely sorry for the late chapter I had exams going on. Thank you to everyone who still reads my fanfiction <3

Also I always forget mentioning this but we were -
No. 10 on #Marlenemckinnon
No. 1 on #Euphemiapotter
No. 1 on #Fleamontpotter
Even though I haven't talked about any of the last two in this fic yet lol (coming soon tho ;) )

Thank you so so so much, love you all!