•Chapter 12•

Lily woke up early, well as early as you could on a weekend especially after having a party just the night before. She saw all her friends were asleep in the dormitory and so she went downstairs to the common room, Not wanting to wake them up mainly because oh, you do not want to face Marlene after you wake her up early.

***************

Sirius was awake, well he had been awake for the past half hour but he was trying continuously to sleep again as it was a weekend and he did not want waste it by waking up early.

Frustrated, he got up and went to the small balcony in the north west corner of the common room. Not many people knew about it  as it was kind of hidden but since he was a marauder he obviously did.

He went outside to see a beautiful sky that reminded him of when he was younger and he when used to go out at night for stargazing, when he lived in his own house. He sighed at memory of him and his brother getting along, being best friends, as much as he'd deny it, he definitely missed it.

He was snapped out of his thoughts by the noise of someone else entering the balcony, it was James. "Merlin, you scared me for a minute Padfoot, couldn't find you when I woke up." He said. Sirius just shrugged and gave a small smile. James knowing, Sirius all too well asked,

" Hey, what's wrong mate, how is Sirius I-don't-like-your-middle-name Black in a deep thought?" Sirius just replied, "Nothing, just the usual family stuff." James sat down beside him and nodded understandingly.

For some time that seemed like hours but were actually just a few minutes none of them spoke anything, both in deep thoughts yet in some way relieved by each other's company.

"Prongs, why haven't you given up on Lily? I mean no offence but she has been rejecting you since 6 years." Asked Sirius suddenly. James was though surprised by the change in topic, replied calmly, "She's just amazing. Confident, loyal and fierce. She stands up for what she believes in even if it means arguing with her friends. It's not everyday you find someone like her." James said.

"I hope that someday she'll see the real me, the improved me you know? That maybe I was an arrogant jerk to her before but I want her to see that there is another side to me, I want her to see that I am trying to improve, for her. We are almost friends right now and that's the closest I've ever been with her since like 6 years, but I do hope someday she will see past the arrogant me." He continued as Sirius stared at his best friend.

"There's a part of me that wants to get over her, forget her, but then there is another part that tells me that I won't ever meet someone like her. And I love to be im her company, even if it means we'll be just friends." He finally finished. Sirius looked weirdly at him, some part of him was amazed by James, by how much he was ready to do for Lily but a little part of him found it in some way, funny.

"You sure that's okay with you? Being her friends?" He asked. "It's not really upto me but for now it is." James replied. "Way to get sappy Prongs." Sirius said breaking the seriousness in their conversation. James laughed as he said, "Why the sudden interest in my love life Pads?"James asked jokingly. "Nothing, nothing."Sirius replied as they both got up to go back in the Common Room.

"Good Morning Lily." Said James, Lily just nodded in reply and muttered something that seemed like a good morning. "What's up with you Lily flower?" Asked Sirius. "Oh, um, n-nothing." She replied. She seemed in some sort of daze but the two boys did not question her more and went to their dormitories.

They left Lily alone with her thoughts, none of the two aware of what she had just heard and how fast her heart was beating right now.