•Chapter 18•

A/N
Sorry for the late chapter!

_________________

Lily turned around to finally see the person she had been waiting for, the one she wanted to dance with, the incredibly handsome face she wanted to be seeing while she danced, the one she couldn't believe she had finally fallen for, the once 'arrogant toe-rag', the one and only, James Potter.

"Yes." She found herself saying, before she could even comprehend what was happening, without even waiting for a response from Oliver. When James looked at Oliver for confirmation, he just nodded, he knew what the expression on Lily's face as soon as she heard the voice meant all too well.

James held his right hand for Lily to take. She put her warm hands on his, looking into his deep hazel eyes the whole time. And so, James Potter and Lily Evans had their first dance, but hopefully not last. James hoped that he hadn't wrongly read Lily's expression after seeing him, for it actually seemed like she wanted to dance with him, like she wanted to be with him without any doubts, but for now they danced, gracefully or not.

Lily took James's cold hands, James's eyes not being able to look away from her face. They danced, not even properly knowing what song was playing in the background. Lily hoped that James has rightly seen read her eagerness to dance with him, the way her eyes suddenly lit up. She hoped that he would forgive her for how rude she had always been to him, but for now they danced, gracefully or not.

But Lily should have known, the moment was too good to be true, for she saw Severus's glare on the both of them as he started walking towards them.

"James." Lily whispered. "Let's get out of here." She said urgently. It did not take James long to see what was happening so he took Lily's hand and quickly made his way out of the room, Severus still trying to follow them.

But he was suddenly interrupted by a certain boy, with piercing grey eyes who had witnessed this all, and oh for Merlin's sake would not let Snivellus destroy the one moment his best friend had finally earned with Lily.

The pair took a left turn, which confused Lily as to how she had failed to notice this corridor but Lily did not question it, following James to wherever he was taking her. When they were finally out of the corridor she noticed that they were just beside the starting of the Forbidden Forest and at a small distance from the backside of Hagrid's Hut.

"Lily, do you trust me?" Asked James, suddenly. "Yes." Lily said, without any hesitation which surprised both of them. "C'mon then." He said, asking Lily to follow him.

Lily followed him inside the Forbidden Forest, though they did not go deep into it. After a few minutes they reached a clearing in the Forest which had beautiful flower beds all around and the trees formed a circle around the plain land.

But that wasn't the most beautiful part, when they turned towards their right, Lily noticed that were just beside the Black Lake and behind the Black Lake was Hogwarts looking as majestic as ever. The glowing moon could be seen clearly above the highest tower of Hogwarts and the sky was full of shining stars.

They both sat down and Lily was just not able to look away from the scenery, and James too wasn't able to look away, though his scenery was different from Lily's and in his opinion it was even more pretty.

"This is just so.." Lily said, but she didn't know what word could describe her feelings right now. "I know." James nodded, understanding exactly what Lily felt. They sat there in silence for a few minutes.

"The stars in the sky remind me of the freckles on your face." James said suddenly, NO! he thought, that wasn't meant to be said out loud! They were having such a good time here and now he had spoilt it!

"R-really?" Asked Lily, glad that her cheeks which were now pink couldn't be seen at night.
"Um yeah." Said James, who himself was red by now. "I never liked them, found them ugly, but thank you." She said, genuinely.

Now, James did not regret what he said at all. He couldn't believe Lily would ever think that. "Lils, I've said this so many times over the past years, but I mean it, you are one of the most beautiful person I have ever met. The freckles, the red hair, the emerald green eyes, they make you, you. They make you Lily Evans, and trust me, she can never be ugly." He said.

Lily stared at him, at a loss of words. Lily's eyes on him made James wonder if he had said too much. Lily could not resist now, it was too much, so with all the Gryffindor bravery she had, she leaned forward and kissed him.