nineteen

THE TROOPS

jj
oi lads, motive round ours tonight

freezy
random but i'm down as always

josh
yeah course you are freezy

harry
count me in

tobi
i'll come but no drinking

simon
huh what
since when we're we hosting something

vik
since right now!!

lux
i'll be there

randy
me too

ethan
ME!

simon
wait wtf stop talking 
jj
why are we hosting a party or whatever

jj
to celebrate

vik
exactly!!!!

freezy
sounds like my type of gig

simon
jj come into my room i beg

lux
aw ksimon back at it again!!!!

-

"jj!" i yelled out, ripping back the cover and climbing out of bed. i had no idea what he was playing at by organising some type of get together at ours tonight, but it was completely out of the blue. nothing had even happened!!

"yes?" he replied slowly, the sound coming from his room. i stormed in, finding him sat at his computer like normal, on his phone. the troops chat. 

"why have you decided to throw a party tonight? what are we celebrating?" i asked. i at least had a right to know if it was happening in the house i lived in. 

"you! we are celebrating you," he said eventually, smiling at me. 

now i was even more confused. "what the fuck have i done?"

"you've been cheerful the last few weeks...happy, almost. like you're transforming back into who you were a year ago...we're proud of you, man. we just wanted to celebrate it, i'm sorry if it was weird, or sudden. i can call it off if you want me to."

happier? i'd changed? i mean, i guess i'd been less moody because i'd been talking to talia more, but that was it...i hadn't realised the difference had become that noticeable...at all. 

"no...it's fine. don't cancel because of me. thanks, jide, man. it means a lot...i know i've been insufferable to live with the last couple of months but thanks for sticking with me..."

"i'd never give up on you, man. not when you felt like that. brothers for life, you hear me? you've come out the other side and i couldn't be prouder...okay? now go get ready, we're getting pissed tonight!!"

TEN HOURS LATER

i had no recollection of how i ended up back in my room, but the whole house was quiet now. all i could remember was loud music and several shots of alcohol. and by several i meant at least eight. if not double figures. 

my phone was in front of me, and i squinted to look at the time...it was only two in the morning, maybe talia would be awake...

talis

takia

talia

hello?? that is my name

omg yourw awake!!

and you're drunk, it seems

noooioo how did tou come to that concusion 

well probably the fact that one, you can't spell and two, your friends stories are full of drunk you

you follow my friends scal medias .?

social medias? and yes i do

gotta keep tabs on you :)

i seeeeee so you like watching me is hat im hering

you can interpret that message however you like, simon

well i hope it mesns that bevase i like you too

go to sleep simon

if you still feel like this when you're sober, we'll talk

goodnigt talis

ffs

goodnight simon