Insert 18:

Khoza
I walked in the kitchen to find my wife cooking meat.
Me: haw nje uthe ayisekho inyama izolo?( you said there is no meat yesterday?)
Wife: isikhona manje( its here)
Me: njani(how?)
wife: The palace was giving away all the food that was left out after the ceremony so Ma Rose called us to come take as it was too much.
Khoza: Yeyi ngithi citha lenyama ngaphandle( I say throw away that meat)
Wife: Yazi baba sometimes angazi yini inkinga yakho ( I sometimes don't know what your problem)
Khoza: my problem? Since when do we blindly believe that a whole witch is to be our Queen. She tossed a man right in front of us and thina we do what? Huh? Aysuka uzoyidla wedwa loyo nyama( you will eat it all by yourself) I got up and went to bath.
Nomthandazo
I sat in her room watch her sleep as Yanga walked in dressed up to go for his afternoon meeting.
Yanga: you good? I nodded. He stood there for a second and looked at me. " I can cancel the meeting and chill with you two" I stood up and kissed him.
Me: you have done more than I can ever ask for. Now go out there and show them who's king. He smiled and turned to look at the child.
Yanga: We can keep her you know. I looked at him with tears in my eyes.
Me: Are you sure?
Yanga: I can get a lawyer and we can see how to go about adopting her and we can keep her as our own. I don't think ill ever be able to sleep at night knowing if I return her back to her family they might sell her to someone worse. So we can keep her. I walked to him and cling to him.
Me: Thank you so much. You don't know how happy this makes me, but its also scary I have no idea how to raise a child.
Yanga: so do I but we will learn. He kissed my forehead and left. I sat by the couch at the corner and took the throw with me and sat there watching her sleep.
Nokuthula
I woke up and looked around to find myself in the most beautiful room ever. In my whole life iv lived in a hut with 8 family members before I lived with that ugly nasty man. I watched the woman that saved me sleep peacefully. I sat on the bed not moving afraid of making a sound that might wake her. She has been kind, treated me way better than my own mother. Feed me and bathed me. Her husband who iv seen around has been so protective of her. Iv watched how he move to her tune, how he cares and how he adores her and wished he was my father. To love me and protect me from all the evils that the world has bestowed upon me. I sat there thinking of all the days and months iv been forced to do things that my body and mind couldn't comprehend. How I knew that me being here means my family get to eat, but how did they choose me? How was it so easy for my mother to pick me as a sacrificial lamb? Yes the ugly man feed me but he did so much more worse than good. Is this how one should live just so I don't have to go to bed hungry? I sat there watching this beautiful soul that has washed, clothed me and feed me and hasn't even asked anything of me? Am I deluding myself in thinking that the lord has finally answered my prayers or this is another one of those to good to be true things? Or am I dreaming? I pinched myself to see if am dreaming and smiled to see am not. I closed my eyes and did a small prayer " Lord please make this last forever, am tired of being treated like garbage and being made a sacrificial lamb. Let my pain and cries be heard" I open my eyes to find her looking at me with glassy eyes and she smiled.
Her: You good? I nodded am to scared saying anything to her last time I spoke I had a slap that nearly snapped my head and was told that all I do is answer back where as am suppose to be only good for one thing which is sex. She smiled at me and got up and stretched. How about we go to the kitchen and see if Ma Rose has anything to eat. She held my hand and her skin was so soft as we walked to the kitchen with all her helpers genuinely smiling at her and I figured maybe she is a nice person.
Yanga
I finished up my meeting than went to Woolworths girl section and I stood there so confused as to what to pick for the child.
Muzi: What size is she?
Me: I don't know
Muzi: how old is she?
Me: Nomthandazo says she 13.
Muzi: well I know nothing about kids.
Me: Are you not trying for one.
Muzi: Its two years now of trying iv lost hope.
Me: All in Gods timing. Now what should we do? Just than a lady walked to use that works at the store.
Her: can I help
Me: yes, we want to buy something for a little girl that this tall, skinny and my wife says she 13. She kindly smiled at us and walked to another direction.
Her: we can buy our range of 13- 15 and 14-15 see what fits and return what doesn't for what does. We both nodded.
Her: Are you looking for dresses or tops or skirts....
Me: Anything and everything that a teen might like. After an hour of shopping and me spending close to 6000 rand in clothes and shoes that I had to call my wife to ask her shoe size. When done Muzi drove me home and helped me get the clothes to the room that we decided will be hers. When done I went to my office to call a designer to make the room more teen friendly than walked to the lounge and found them both absorbed in a book and covered in one blanket. I stood there and I knew she would make a perfect mother and this little girl is going to be our blessing come high or low. They both looked up and I smiled at them.
Me: Ladies. I walked to kiss my wife fore head and smiled at the little girl. I don't want to touch her as I never know what I might trigger in her memory.
Nomthandazo: why you wanted Nokuthula shoe size? Trust my wife to blindly ask.
Me: well let me show you too. Follow me. They looked at each other and got up. We got to her room and the helper already placed it in her closet. I open it.

Nokuthula
I looked at the small room full of clothes and my heart danced.
King: its yours. I looked at the Queen. Funny how my life is. From being treated like garbage to living in a house with a king and Queen. All I could do was run to him and hugged him. Iv never had so much clothes and shoes in my life. I cried tears of joy like my life depended on it.
Me: Thank you both so much for being the most caring and thoughtful people in my life. The Queen cried with a smile as she hugged me tighter.
"Oh dear lord please make this real. Please don't take it away from me. Don't make me taste so much happiness only to have it snatched away from me. I pray they stay in my life forever cause I know ill be better with them by my side"....