Insert 1:

Nomthandazo
Me: Baba, ngathi angizwanga kahle(sir, I didn't hear well)
Him: Those 14 cows are your lobola(bride gift)from these man. He pointed at the old man by his side. I did my best to have a gentle smile.
Me: Ubaba akaze asho lutho ngoku shada( my dad never told me anything about marrying)
Him: Yes I know, hence am here. I kept quiet calming my nerves and doing my best not to freak out I had dreams and my father knew that and he knew that I wanted more to life than getting married and having kids. I closed my eyes for a minute trying to be calm than open them.
Me: Am confused. My father knew my plans, he knew my dreams. Angayenza njani into enje?( how could he do this to me) everyone was silent and they looked at me. My evil step mother had her smudge face and my sister was drooling at the twins. My uncle looked sad for me and his wife tried comforting me with a tiny squeeze on my hand.
Her: Kuzolunga sisi( it will be alright)
Me: kuzolunga njani ma ngoba ethi ngine lobolo engingalazi mina. ( how will it get better since he says am traditionally married)These cows came 7 months ago. Dad said his friend gave them to him. I looked at the old man and he looked down.
Me: No offence but am not marrying an old man and he can have his cows. The room was silent and one of the serious twins smiled as the old man turned red.
Old man: Ma zulu, its not me you marrying it my grandson Yanga I watched as the twin looked at his grandfather in shock and than looked at me. The nice handsome smiling twin rolled with laughter until he had tears in his face.
Yanga: Baba( dad) his father nodded and he got up and left the dinning room with his laughing twin laughing following him.

Yanga
I stood by the gate and looked at the cows that had our mark. My father and grandfather really got me married without my permission. Langa walked out looking all smug.
Langa: That the joys of being the oldest son
Me: Am 2 minute older.
Langa: The fact is you are older and kufuneka idlalifa.( we need an heir)
Me: why can't you do it? He laughed so loud.
Langa: from a young age our destiny was written in the stars. Ill for ever be the fun loving guy and you my dear wonderful brother will always be the sensible one. The one that makes sure that we are well off and that we are good. You the behind the scenes of our smiles and joy but mostly you are the king. Hence you were named Yanga. Which means King in xhosa if you didn't know. He patted my back and took out a cigar and started cutting it. I stood there and let his words washed over me And he was right. Ever since we were kids I was always the sensible one. I have shouldered things at a young age and he was right the family empire was mine from a young age and after I finished my business school I changed things. We were the royals of kwaQhitha and in all trades and ill legal world. Now why are they doing this? Why do they want to complicate my life and hitch me? Why do they go all the way to Nqutu for a mere wife? When there are many surrounding homesteads and villages around our throne. I stood there thinking all my options if I had to say no what will happen?...