Chapter Fifteen

Arthur's note at the end! Pleas read! Of importance.

~ Terry

Chapter 15:

~Whisper~

                I woke up angry. Later, I was happy I was alone in my room because the bed burst in flames as I paced the floor in front of it.

                “Merlin!” I yelled. “You fool!”

                The moment I told him I was Whisper, he left. Without a word, he just left. Surely, just surely, he was not as thick as I thought. I had explained every question he asked, and yet he would not believe. True, as Cara, I never told him of my powers, even after I learnt of his. I did not think it wise, looking back, I should have told him the second I discovered his.

                Sitting on the flaming bed, I sighed, and willed the flames to leave. They did, leaving no traces of them ever being there.

                “Why, Merlin, why? Why can you just believe I still breathe?” I asked the air. “Must you doubt it? I have saved you, kissed you, in the body you believe to be Whisper. Did no hints shine for you? Oh, dearest Merlin, you think a death can stop me? A fake one at that.”

                I just hoped he heard my final words before he left.

                “Check the grave. See what truly lies there.”

                If goes to the grave he will learn the truth, for no body lied there. Just an empty box. Once, yes I was in that box, but I was under a sleeping spell. The night after the funeral, Morgause can and got be out. I still remember waking too early in the box, trapped, panicked. Morgause told me people stayed at the grave longer than they were to.

                “Lady Whisper.”

                I stood up and turned to see a servant standing at the door. I knew her name to be Annabella.

                “Yes?” I asked.

                “Lady Morgause wishes to see you,” she told me. “Also, here is the potion you asked for.”

                I walked over and carefully took the bottle out of her hand and gave her a smile. “Thank you Annabella. This will remain our secret. I appreciate you making this for me. I would, if only my schedule allowed. Did you keep your talents hidden?” I knew about Annabella having magic, but no one else did. I planned to keep it that way. She was a young girl of only fourteen years, and did not need to be brought into the war I was in.

                “It is just a simple hair growth potion, nothing too hard, but yes, it does take a little bit of time and care,” Annabella said with a weak smile, she went to leave, but turned back to me. “Madam, please forgive me, but why must Lady Morgause know about my powers?”

                I gave her a soft smile. “You have friends in Camelot, do you not Annabella?”

                “Yes,” she said.

                “I did too, but Lady Morgause discovered my powers and now they believe me dead. Yes, I may be in a better place because of her and I may have more power, but the day will come when I may have to kill one of my friends. They may be wrong, but I still care for them.”

                Annabella nodded. “Yes, Milady, you are right. I must be going now.”

                I gave her a bow of my head as a farewell and she curtsied before leaving the room.