Chapter Three

Terry here! So chapter 3!!

I don't know if you have noticed yet, but if it is in Cara's point of view that means it's in the past and if it is in Whisper's that means it's in the present. Just wanted to clearify so no one would get confused. Basically the Cara stuff gives information on what all if happening within the chapters in the future.

If you have any questions feel free to ask away!

Enjoy!! ^-^

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Cara~

                I walked another circle around the room. At this point staying moving was the only thing keeping me from breaking down. Today was the funeral. Three days ago my life had fallen apart. I had not left my bed in the Guest Room since I learned about Ewing’s death. Morgana had tried to talk to me, but I had sent her away every time. Merlin came once and was acting like he didn’t know what to do, but just sit on the chair next to the bed and look at me sadly.

                I looked in the mirror at my black dress. The color brought out the redness in my eyes from crying, and the paleness in my skin from not eating. Looking at myself now, I noticed how different I looked. My eyes were sunken back, which was odd because they had always popped out due to the bright green color they were.

                There was a knock on the door.

                “Come in,” I said then noted the dullness in my voice.

                I heard the door open and then close. There were some footsteps and then Merlin appeared in the reflection of the mirror. I turned to face him. He had a rather sad look on his face and there was guilt in his eyes.

                “First,” he said softly, “I want to say that I am sorry. If I had warned Arthur sooner, if I had –“

                “Merlin,” I interrupted with a hard, flat voice, “don’t you suggest that you had anything to do with Ew- his death. Right now I really don’t need people blaming themselves. It happened and nothing can be done. He’s gone.” Tears started building in my eyes. I was surprised there was still water in me able to waist on tears.

                Merlin took the scarf – cloth from around his neck and handed it to me. I wiped my eyes with it, and handed it back to him.

                “Cara, I know everyone probably says this, but I wish there was something I could do to make it better.”

                “Actually,” I said managing a weak smile, “you are the first person to say that and it truly means a lot. You are a very kind person, and a good friend.”

                A smile formed on his face, but it didn’t reach his eyes. “Really why do you say that?”

                “You only met me a few days ago and yet you seem to care so much and you treat me like an old friend.”

                “Well you are my friend and I do care about you.”

                “Thank you,” I whispered.

                We stood there in silence for a few minutes. I felt so empty, and the ring from quiet was not helping. More than anything I wanted to speak to break this awful silence, but my emptiness seemed to take my ability to start a conversation.

                 “Second reason,” Merlin thankfully spoke up, “for coming is because it is time for you to come down.”

                I nodded slowly. Finding the courage within me to face all those people was going to be a hard task. Usually for things and events like this, Ewing would always be by my side. It gave me encouragement to be around all the snobby people. He would always walk down with me.