XXVIII

March 4th
2:34 am
Omniscient

"He basically tried to call me fucking crazy Marie

"He basically tried to call me fucking crazy Marie. How you the half psycho but wanna be tryna call someone else bipolar?! That don't even make no damn sense." Robyn ranted, shoving her hands in her pockets as her and Marie walked down the dark quiet street. It was late out which was why they were really the only two outside and moving around.

Robyn couldn't sleep for some reason, and something told her to call Marie because she assumed she might've been awake too. Not to her surprise, her friend was wide awake and couldn't sleep either. Both of them having heavy topics on their mind that they needed to release.

"Bipolar?! Why would he think you're bipolar?" Marie asked, raising a perfectly arched eyebrow. Robyn sighed, looking ahead and avoiding eye contact with her friend.

"I haven't really been acting like myself...I don't know what it is. My emotions are all over the place, I'm gaining weight, I'm eating a lot but I think it's just because of stress and stuff. All of that really only comes out when I'm home or at his house though, when I'm at work I'm completely fine." Marie paused, looking over at Robyn with a sympathetic expression.

"So rather than making sure you're okay, he's trying to call you bipolar?" Robyn nodded, looking down at her feet as they started back walking again.

"I don't think he means any harm, but it's like why out of all things would you say that? That's not something light to deal with and he should know that. I know I'm not bipolar..." Robyn sounded sure but she wasn't, and it freaked her out. It was easier to deal with someone else who was bipolar than learning she may possibly have the same thing.

She never wanted to refer to Maurice as crazy, but she knew just as much as everyone else know, Maurice wasn't all the way in tune mentally. It was clear he had many screws loose. As many times as Robyn told him she would never judge and as many times as she told him he wasn't crazy, she knew he was. Her main concern wasn't becoming "like him," it was more like becoming the exact thing she didn't want of him.

"I'm not at all calling you bipolar so don't take it like that, but what if you are?" Robyn nibbled on her bottom lip, running her hand up the back of her head. She couldn't lie and say it hadn't crossed her mind, but she was sure she wasn't.

"I know for sure I'm not, it wouldn't make sense or add up. It wouldn't just come randomly like that and don't you need to have it your whole life? I'm not bipolar Marie, it's probably something else...not that." The little breeze forced them both to cover up a little more, it was far from warm outside.

"Okay so if you're not bipolar then you're something, and I have a little idea of what it may be." Marie tried to hide the smile that threatened to show, but she failed. Robyn's heart raced, hoping Marie wasn't about to say what she thought she was gonna say.