LI

"Maurice!" Robyn pushed Aubrey off of her, standing to her feet as quick as she could. She was terrified and it was evident all in her face, but who wouldn't be? Not only was she caught cheating, but she was caught cheating while pregnant by her crazy husband.

She watched as Maurice began to walk up to her, laughing to himself quietly. He held a sinister smile on his face, making Robyn visibly shake in place. She wanted to back up with every step he took advancing towards her, but she was frozen.

"You want to die?" Maurice questioned, finally reaching out to snatch up Robyn. She sucked in a sharp breath, feeling tiny in his hold. His eyes went blank and dark, unrecognizable to her. Maurice chuckled at her silence, glancing between her and Aubrey who held a smirk on his face. Tilting his head, Maurice pushed Robyn away from him to focus his attention on the other man in the room.

"Wassup bitch." Aubrey spoke up towards Maurice. Robyn backed up a little bit, knowing this was about to turn into some big blow up. Aubrey seemed to be an alpha male in her eyes, and Maurice was no doubt the same thing.

"Baby it's not worth it." Maurice's head snapped towards Robyn. He chuckled to himself before whipping out his gun and shooting the area right next to her. She yelped, moving away from the area.

"Say something else and imma make sure the shit hit you next time." She knew he was serious this time, unlike his usual empty threats. So she followed his demand, moving off to the side while clutching her stomach. She sat on one of the kitchen bar stools and turned her body, not wanting to see whatever was about to happen.

"It's been a good minute-." Maurice gripped his beretta, smacking Aubrey on his right cheek with it. He didn't give him any time to recover before his right foot went right into Aubrey's stomach, who fell over groaning. Maurice watched blankly, waiting for the man to stand up.

"You get out of jail and you turn into a bitch? When we was younger, you would beat my ass nigga. Get the fuck up." Maurice bent down to be eye level with Aubrey, resting his hands on his knees. Robyn slowly turned her head to peek at what was going on, she felt sick seeing Aubrey on the ground bloody with Maurice hovering over him.

"You taking your anger out on me cause your girl wants someone who can treat her right?" Robyn widened her eyes, turning back around. Maurice scratched his nose and stood straight. Robyn could hear his heavy footsteps approaching her now, making her want to disappear in mid air. She gasped once she felt Maurice tangle his hands in her hair and snatch her head back.

"You want a nigga who can what?" He grit in her face, ignoring the fact he was clearly hurting her. He yanked her head back again once she wasn't responding, making her face contour with an unpleasant look.

"I never said that." Robyn spoke slow and directly to Maurice, searching his eyes for some type of understanding that she knew she wasn't going to get. Maurice stared at her for a minute before letting go and leaning against the counter top next to her. Robyn looked up at him while he looked out at Aubrey.

"Can you stand the fuck up, I ain't hit your ass that hard!" Maurice called out towards Aubrey. Robyn turned her head also, looking out to see that Aubrey was still on the ground. They couldn't really see him because of the big couch covering his body, but they knew he was down there.

"I don't think he's-." Maurice didn't even look at Robyn as he raised his beretta in her direction. She immediately shut up and continued looking ahead. Out of her peripheral vision, it looked like he was more calm than anything. He held a clenched jaw, but his eyes softened and his breathing was steady to her surprise.