XII

December 21st
5:18 pm

Omniscient

She looked down into the water that lie under her, staring at her reflection

She looked down into the water that lie under her, staring at her reflection. The woman that looked back at her was one she hadn't seen in such a long time. She looked weak, fragile, needy...nothing like the person she tried so hard to build herself up to be. Weeks and days of working on herself, encouraging herself that she was more than the way she was treated on that night 3 weeks ago. But in the end, here she was seeing the same person she tried so hard to forget about.

Her physical wounds were all gone, those were nearly finished healing by the end of the second week. But the emotional and mental wounds, those scars that were engraved in her head, they were still there and very present. The vivid images of everything continued to spark in her head at random moments.

For the past 3 weeks, she would have constant nightmares about what happened. Being held against her own will, being beat and thrown around as if she was a piece of trash. Even with the comfort of Maurice and how safe she felt with him, that didn't make anything go away once her eyes shut and her thoughts were able to consume her.

Robyn rubbed her right arm as her legs rested against her chest. She felt so small, so innocent which brought her back to her childhood memories. The feelings she felt in the moment, the position she sat in, her internal being reminding her of the little child she used to be. The trauma she faced...it wasn't to the extent as the predicament she was currently in. But being so little and not understanding your feelings and emotions, how she felt internally in her earlier years was identical to how she felt now.

"Oh shit, my bad." Robyn glanced up at a flustered Maurice. Due to her sudden new found insecurities, she quickly used her hands to cover her chest area being that it was the most exposed. Not necessarily because she felt awkward with him, but because him walking in was so sudden. He turned around, walking straight out of his bathroom because he didn't want her to feel uncomfortable at his presence.

Quickly wiping her stray tears and running a hand down her face, Robyn stepped out of the tub, wrapping a fresh white towel around her. She had a clear view of herself through Maurice's large bathroom mirror. No matter how much she tried to convince herself she was still beautiful on the inside and out, she just could not find a way to bring herself to believe that.

"Do you have a shirt? I don't have any clothes over here." Robyn spoke just above a whisper. Since she was dropped off at his house from the night, she hadn't left from under him. In all honesty she was a little scared, slightly paranoid. Not knowing if Austin would come finish off the job the other niggas didn't finish. In her head, Robyn knew she was supposed to be dead and she knew they thought she was dead.