XXVII

March 1st
7:50 am

Omniscient

"Good Morning, you must be Robyn

"Good Morning, you must be Robyn." Robyn smiled at the older light skinned lady in front of her who held her hand extended. Robyn nodded her head, accepting the gesture with a firm handshake.

"Yes that's me, and you must be Kimberly?" The lady smiled and nodded.

"Yes, it's so great to finally meet you. I'm sure you basically have everything that you need prior to us meeting?" The lady began to walk, Robyn following close behind as she held her coffee in her hand along with a cream purse on her arm.

"Yes, I have everything. I have to put up a couple things in the classroom, but I'll figure all of that out as time passes." The two women stopped in front of an open room, it was a fairly large classroom. Robyn took a deep breath, finally standing in front of this room door, her new room door, was slightly overwhelming. She was really about to do this.

"Well in that case, I'll leave and allow you to get situated. You have about 15 minutes until the students start making their way in." Robyn smiled, silently thanking Kimberly before walking in. She closed the door behind her, looking around at everything. There were desks everywhere and little posters on the walls.

Her heels clicked against the black floor, filling up the silent room. There were names of students labeled on some of the desks along with names hung up. She couldn't lie and say she wasn't a little nervous because she was, especially because she was starting out 2/3 into the school year. For her first year teaching at East Boston High, she was technically a substitute. The actual teacher had a family emergency in her home country, causing her to quit and go home.

Robyn applying for the job came right in time, they took her without an interview due to how qualified she seemed in her application. The school was also really desperate, needing someone to step in immediately.

She would be teaching high school students, juniors, seniors, and sophomores specifically. Her main focus was the English department, but she was there to help out with anything that they needed her to do.

"Hello." Robyn answered her ringing phone, glancing up at the clock to see she had about 4 minutes left until the students would start filing in.

"Where the hell you at?!" She rolled her eyes at the sound of Maurice's morning voice. She knew that she definitely informed him on her getting the teaching job and how she would be starting this week.

"I told you I start working today Maurice, do you even listen when I talk?!" There was a slight pause on the other end of the phone, Maurice thinking back in attempts to remember this conversation she claimed they had.