XVII

December 27th
2:51 am

Omniscient

"This is so cute

"This is so cute." Robyn gasped, looking down at herself as she stood in front of the full body mirror that she recently had put in Maurice's living room. He glanced up at her from counting his money, her body looked good in the dress, he had to admit.

"How many things your ass buy?!" Robyn turned to look at him, a little pout laced on her lips. She didn't like his attitude, there was just no need for it.

"Only three outfits because you were rushing me." Maurice chuckled, grabbing another stack of money to place in the counter. Robyn watched him intently, it was fascinating to watch him work everything like it was second nature to him. Money came to Maurice as easy as water flown through a faucet. He didn't play about his money and that was a given, nobody did.

"If you would stop being lazy and get your damn license, I wouldn't have to rush you." Maurice mumbled, inhaling smoke from the blunt that sat between his thumb and index finger. Robyn sat down in the small chair in front of the mirror, smoothing out the tight sweater dress.

"I'm not being lazy, driving makes me nervous and you know that." Robyn rubbed her arm, slightly embarrassed. She was 26 and scared to get her license, but ultimately it wasn't all her fault.

"You need to get over that damn anxiety, I ain't sign up to be no chauffeur so as soon as Austin gone you getting that shit." Robyn's eyes widened slightly, she knew whatever Maurice said went. So if he said she was getting her license after Austin was gone, then she was getting that license one way or another.

"When is Austin gonna be gone?" Robyn was definitely testing her luck by asking this question, knowing good and well Maurice didn't like, nor did he want to tell her anything about him and Austin. Robyn was simply curious though, especially because all of this was happening due to her actions.

"Didn't I tell you don't ask me bout that shit?" Maurice leaned back on the couch, exhaling the smoke that filled his mouth. Robyn couldn't help but notice how good he looked. He wore a white wife beater with black sweatpants, his arm and neck tattoos on full display. His hair was cut low, still blonde with his little waves showing.

"Damn." Robyn mumbled, thinking out loud. Maurice watched her with a raised eyebrow, his blunt resting between his lips. She looked like she was in a trance, almost hypnotized by the sight of him.

"If you wanna fuck then just say that...." The way she was looking at him made him feel awkward.

"I- no- can you answer my question?!" Robyn stumbled over her words, getting knocked out of whatever trance she was in. Maurice shook his head, leaning up to put another stack of money into the counter.