It Never Goes As Planned

💖 Don't forget to vote/comment! 💖

***Neko's POV***

After finally leaving Max and Nat's, I help Milo into the truck. He doesn't actually need my help, I just live having my hands all over him. With a grateful smile, Milo closes the door to urge me to move on to the driver's seat.

I am really ecstatic to have time with my love. I miss him so much when I am at work. I love spending time with him as our family of four. However, a little alone time will only add to the quality of our already spectacular relationship.

With so little time to prepare for our date, I had to depend on what would be available for us tonight. I do the one thing that I can count on being pleasant. Dinner first, we will see a movie afterwards.

Pulling into the quaint pizzeria, I smile when Milo claps his hands. He loves this place. Often when we were younger, we took the mile and half walk from our childhood home to eat here. Those are the days when I first manifested feelings for my adopted brother.

Milo has always been filled with child like joy over the simplest gestures. It's easy to fall in love with someone who is built of such utter perfection. Milo is perfect to me. That's all that matters.

My fingers clasp his thin fingers while I pull him towards the front door. As we enter the establishment, memories flood through my mind of all those little moments where a giggle, a smile or a bit too much interest in my stories urged me to pay too much attention to the boy meant to be my sibling, not my companion.

We take a seat in the booth that had became our regular spot. Without scanning the menu, I order our food from days long gone. The waitress smiles having no recollection of the value this place holds in our history.

Milo curls against my bicep, nuzzling his face into the muscle. A small sigh leaves his lips. It's those little things that alert me that he too is remembering our beginnings. I pray that every one of our days leaves behind imprints that create that happy sigh.

"You good, baby?" My words leave my lips as I lean down to place a kiss on his head.

"Wonderful. This is perfect." Koala looks up at me with those stunning olive eyes that shine brightly with love. His love is for me just as mine is for only him. It's always been Milo.

I return his smile with a matching one of my own. This man has always brought a smile to my lips. That is nothing he has to work for. He is a natural at making me happy.

After a bit of us going back and forth, the waitress places our pie in front of us. It's nothing too risky. Pepperoni, with extra pepperoni and extra cheese that steams in front of us, is our meal tonight. Both are cokes are set beside us along with two salads. Milo rarely has dinner without salad. He loves eating like a rabbit.

"Thank you." Milo whispers the words as a breath that blows across the steaming slice in his hands. I give him an incredulous stare. I never understood why he thanks me so much. He is the gift. I am just the lucky recipient of his heart.

"For everything. For our life, our love, our family, I'm thanking you for not making this life with someone else. I wouldn't have enjoyed that too much." Milo follows his confession by taking a large bite from his slice.

I am too stunned to take a bite of my food. A warmth flows through me. Love swirls all around me. He is just my literal everything. There was no possibility that I would have wanted this life with any other. It was never a question to me. Had he rejected me, I may have died alone.

"It was always you. You, my Koala, have always been where my heart lays. I just appreciate you giving me the opportunity to claim your soul as my own. So, thank you." I drop my slice on my plate, pulling my Koala towards me to have my first taste of dinner straight from his greasy lips. I hum in approval when he licks at the seam of my lips.