Trial : Part 2

💖 Don't forget to vote/comment! 💖

***Neko's POV***

I tried so hard not to lose my shit on that stand. How dare they question my Koala's honesty. How dare they bring up our relationship. It's no one's fucking business. I don't give a fuck about anyone's opinion. Love is love. Period. As long as two consenting adult humans are happy, let them be in love.

Fuck!

This shit is bad for my blood pressure. I can't even imagine how Milo is feeling right now. Thinking of it, I squeeze his hand tightly and twirl his ring between my fingers.

"You okay, Batman?" My love questions me.

"I have you." I whisper quietly.

"Yes. You do." Milo smiles lovingly at me and I can feel the weight lifting off my chest.

"We call Natalie Bennett to the stand." The prosecutor announces. I watch Nat as she sneers at Marla and Steve on the way to the stand.

God, I love that girl.

They swear Natalie in and she takes her seat.

"How long have you known Milo Evans?" The prosecutor questions.

"We started Pre-K together. We meshed. My bean has been one of my best friends since that first day." Natalie smiles angelically at Milo, causing him to blush.

"You call him Bean? Why is that?" The prosecutor asks.

"He is the most precious thing ever. He reminds me of my favorite candy. So sweet. He's just like a jelly bean." Natalie smiles while she admits the reason she started calling Milo by his nick name.

"Has Milo ever been a trouble maker?" The prosecutor requests.

"I promise you, Milo Evans has always been just short of perfect. That boy would literally pull his shirt off and give it to you if you said you liked it. Believe me, he has given a few to me. Milo has the best manners. He's soft spoken, funny and any real parent would be delighted to call him son." Natalie throws her subtle insult at my parents and I beam widely at the sparkling angel.

"You have a high opinion of Milo." The prosecutor states.

"I do. He's on a pedestal. He earned it." Natalie agrees.

"Can you recollect a time when Milo's behavior or physical appearance differentiated? A time when you became concerned for your best friend, please." The prosecutor asks.

"Milo has always been a soft hearted boy. He wears his heart on his sleeve. It's easy to see when something is bothering him. As we got through elementary school, Milo went from a happy person to a closed off person. He never ignored anyone. He wasn't mean. He just wasn't himself. I guess it really became noticeable in high school. We would invite Milo to slumber parties or to hang out. He always said he would ask Steve and Marla. After a few times of offering, I realized he couldn't ask. After the times we would invite him, he would show up wearing hoodies, sporting a black eye or even not show up at all. Eventually, we quit inviting him. It wasn't fair to pressure him into approaching his parents." Natalie explains. I look over at Milo. His head hangs low. He probably didn't think everyone was so observant.

"Do you believe Marla and Steve inflicted physical abuse on their son, Milo Evans?" He requests.

"Yes. Milo was bullied from time to time at school. But, it was never physical. Kids picked on him for running slow, due to his asthma. A couple cruel kids made fun of his stutter, but he wasn't hit to my knowledge. Milo, Max and I are inseparable, together always. Therefore, we would know if he was physically bullied at school. However, there were times Milo had a busted lip, bruises on his swollen cheek, black eyes, strangulation marks and such. Neko was in Hawaii during most of that. It's easily deduced that if kids weren't causing it, he was receiving the abuse at home. We were never invited over. When there was a function that the Evan's had to attend, Milo didn't show up with cuts, scrapes, broken bones or bruises. But, shortly after the event passed, the evidence of cruelty would slowly show up again." Natalie breathes heavily while she explains things I didn't even realize.