Pressure

💖 Don't forget to vote/comment! 💖

***Neko's POV***

Having a baby is amazing but, it's exhausting. Luke cries a lot. I'm not saying it's unmanageable. He just seems to have a sensitive tummy.

We have been trying him on solid foods at the insistence of his pediatrician. He loves the foods. His belly does not share the same excitement.

If Luke isn't crying from the built up gas, he is crying because he has expelled what we have given him on to every available surface.

Koala gets frustrated which only causes my grief. I hate when my love is irritated. He enjoys being a daddy so much. He spends half the time cleaning up the messes. The other half is spent worrying over what he is doing wrong.

The answer is easy. Nothing. Koala is not making mistakes. This is trial and error. Babies don't come with instruction manuals. Nobody gives you perfect advice on soothing ailing tummies.

The other issue is far more complicated. Teething. It seems as though cutting teeth is exactly as bad as they wrote about. Poor Luke just burns up with fever. The drool is excessive. Crying impatiently, Luke vocalizes his disdain over breaking through those tiny little pearly whites.

Driving home from work, I dread what I will come home to. I don't regret a moment of this life. I just wish the pressure that Milo puts on himself would be a little less. He really is an overachiever. He shouldn't expect himself to be perfect, yet we all know he does.

I park the truck, turning off the engine. I don't take time to relax before I get out. There is no preparation that could help. I already know that I will have to force my husband to hand over our son. I will have to coax Milo into giving me the baby reins. This is a daily battle.

Milo tries too hard to make my home life easier. I don't mind helping. Luke is our child. Milo has a full time job with our son and Cash. He needs a break. Convincing Milo to relax is the issue.

Opening the door, it hits me. The frustrated sighs of my husband are almost as loud as our screaming infant. Peeking my head into the war zone, I see the problem. Milo is covered from head to toe in baby food. Luke looks just as bad. Carrots are smeared across the high chair, the baby and even the dog.

It's going to be a long night.

Sighing myself, I set my stuff down. I walk directly to my husband to engulf him in a comforting hug. Milo drops his head to my shoulder. I run my hand up his back soothingly.

"I love you." I kiss the only space on his face that is not covered in vegetables.

"I know." Milo pulls away from me. He heads for Luke to begin unstrapping our four month old from the seat.

"Bath time. You go. I have this." I push Milo's hands away from the baby. I snatch our son up to kiss his messy face. No wonder Luke pitches fits. This food tastes horrible.

Cash waddles behind me. I look down at his orange stained coat. It looks like everyone is in desperate need of a bath.

Milo follows behind me, scooping up the pup as we walk. I just shake my head. Milo won't relax until everything is in working order.

Setting up the baby tub, I start the task of getting our munchkin ready for bed.

Milo squats beside me to help clean our tiny human. Luke giggles, splashing the water everywhere. The soft peal laughter of our baby makes everything worth it.

"He's so cute." Milo awes at our son. I nod in agreement. The boy really is a tiny heart thief. He can blink, making our hearts completely melt.

"You do so well with them. Thank you." I let a tiny bit of my gratitude out in my words. Milo leans over to place a soft kiss to my cheek. That's all I need. My love's affection is still everything to me.