Visitor

***Neko's POV***

I hate visiting home.

My parent's are far less stellar then the town realizes. They act like the perfect family in front of the public eye. We are nothing but frauds.

Our family fell apart years ago. I jumped at the first opportunity I got. I left the week after I graduated high school. I wish I could have taken Milo with me. My only hope is that he gets out as soon as possible.

Steve and Marla Evans are toxic. They should have never had me, let alone adopted my sweet innocent brother Milo. Milo has suffered with health issues along with educational barriers. Real parents would see how socially awkward their son is.

Not Steve and Marla. They choose to crush Milo every chance they get. They think I am oblivious. I'm not. The only reason I send money home is in hopes that Milo has at least the necessities.

Milo is a special boy. His beautiful olive green eyes shine with innocence and desperation. He needs someone to love him unconditionally. He needs someone to cherish him. He needs someone to wrap their loving arms around him and protect him.

He needs me.

I can't wait to land in Seattle. Then I can run my fingers thru Milo's walnut colored locks. I can hold him close to my heart. I can wrap my arms around him and hold him in our sleep. I have always held Milo. We have a special bond. We have slept in the same bed since we were kids.

Not too long from now, this plane will set me in the heart of Seattle. Then I will be close to my own heart, Milo. I plan on staying for a week. That is a little longer than my usual weekend trips. I just miss my brother so much.

As the plane touches down butterflies erupt in my stomach. So close, but yet I am so far away. I wait until some of the passengers exit the plane and grab my carry on luggage from the overhead compartment. I throw my backpack over my shoulder, grab my duffle and shove one hand in my pocket.

I look in front of me and slowly follow the thinning line of passengers out of the plane. As my feet touch the carpeted floors of the airport the sense of home fills me with equal parts dread and excitement. Finally seeing Milo is my only condolence to the fact that Steve and Marla will be my company for a week.

I go thru the exit terminal and retrieve my large suitcase. I probably over packed, but that is just a back draft from the military, be prepared for the unexpected. I nervously fiddle with my dog tags as I walk thru the gates to look for my family.

Spotting Milo is easy. His gorgeous smile is lit with anticipation. I immediately drop my bags and scoop him into a bear hug. His feet lift from the ground and he secures his legs around my waist like a koala, my Koala. I grab his head with both my hands and pull him back to stare into his beautiful green eyes. This is home.

I kiss his forehead and sigh as I let his head drop to my chest and I wrap my arms underneath his butt. With my backpack on my shoulders and my duffle on my opposite arm I shift so one hand secures Milo to my waist and chest. I roll the large suitcase behind me and walk towards the filth I call Mom and Dad, to their face.

"Oh honey, we have missed you so much." My mom coos.

"Yeah? Did you take care of Milo?" I ask with frustration.

"Of course we did." Dad lies.

Milo shudders and I turn my head into his hair and kiss his head. They are so fucking fake.

"I'm planning on spending all my time with Milo. No use making special plans, FYI." I instruct the shitty parentals.

"Honey, we thought we could go to dinner tonight. We haven't seen you in months." Marla whines.