Diamonds

💖 Don't forget to vote/comment! 💖

***Milo's POV***

"Babe, we have like ten minutes. Seriously, nine now." I rush around the restaurant moving menus into place, lighting the last of the candles and straightening the crooked silverware.

"Everything is ready. Please calm down." Batman grabs my waist, turning me into his broad chest. His fingers pick up my chin. Looking down at me, the most handsome man to exist gives me a reassuring smile. "For me."

Batman's lips taste like cherry chapstick. Whatever his game plan was, my mind feels like derailing it. Bending backwards, I lick the seem of his lips with a small moan. Jesus, how can I focus on our grand opening with all this deliciousness tasting me.

"Not now, baby. I promise, later." Neko picks me up into a hug. I climb his waist. I have time to cuddle into his form. There is always time for snuggles.

"I love you." My words press against his neck.

"I love you more, Koala." Neko smirks when I send him a glare. That's fucking impossible. I just know it.

"Ready." I assure the love of my life. Slipping down Neko's form, he straightens my disheveled hair. I smooth my hands over his perfect chest. He looks like a million dollars. I'm so glad he is mine.

Lux waits at the front door with a smile. I send a nod, ready for the crowd.

As the doors open, soft music plays in the background. The ambiance is quiet, romantic. It's just fancy enough without requiring a suit and tie.

People are seated by our group of friends, excited for something new in a smaller area of town. Smiles light up their faces when Ky and Kylie place small appetizers on each full table.

Natalie acts as hostess, leading each new admirer to their table. Max works the door in Lux place as Lux follows behind Ky listening to his every gentle order.

My favorite people surround us as we begin this new adventure. I watch proudly while Neko walks around explaining some of the more complicated dishes. We serve a small amount of everything. Anything can be created if we have the ingredients on hand.

I see the Bennetts walk in. They are flanked by the Wallaces. Isla is in Luke's hands. Her small fingers are pulling at his lips.

Rushing to grab my princess, I relieve Mr. Luke of the infant's assault. Isla giggles. My lips press against her cheek, blowing raspberries into her peach flesh.

"There's my princess." My high pitched baby voice makes the little girl break into a smile.

"Follow me." Natalie keeps it professional. She ushers the group to their reserved table. Max follows behind with the high chair in tow.

"It's gorgeous." Mrs. Amy gives me a smile. I thank her before buckling Isla into the seat.

"I hope you find everything up to your standards. If not, blame Max." A nervous chuckle leaves my lips. I smile sweetly at Max. He secretly throws his middle finger at me.

"I'm sure we will be pleasantly surprised." Mr. Luke pats my back. I nod in agreement. Hopefully.

Em and Lexi come in. Their eyes dart around the room. I watch as Daniel fixes drinks. Everyone is doing us a solid tonight. I am so appreciative of their efforts.

Max sits my cousin and her wife. I smile, passing a small wave as I go back to the kitchen to check on things.

The smell of fresh bread filters into my nose causing my stomach to send a gentle reminder at me. We sort of forgot to eat while getting everything prepared. It will just have to wait.