XXXI. Broken Ankles and Interrupted Kisses

Aisha's POV:

I was walking around the neighbourhood alone. The gang was over to watch a movie and that ended in a huge argument. We argued for a good 15 minutes before I had to clear my head. I walked to the park and the ice cream shop. I was too distressed to do anything. So, I walked back home. A bike came speeding down the road and ran over my ankle and zoomed off without acknowledging me. I tried getting up but fell back down, tears filling my eyes. I called my mom up. "Mamma, uh... some fool ran over my ankle with a motorbike. And, I can't really get up. Help me?" I spoke, trying to keep my tears at bay. She agreed. I sat there for around 15 minutes. 

"Hi, Ishu. Chal. Put your arm around my shoulder," Darshan said as he picked me up bridal style. We drove up to the hospital and I got admitted. Darshan laid me down on the bed and I started giggling. I know, I am crazy. "Okay, kid. What happened?" The doctor asked, smiling. "Okay. First, I am 15. Don't call me a kid. Second, some idiot on a bike ran over my ankle as I was walking down the road," I said, sternly. He laughed and started tapping my ankle asking me where it hurt. I yelled when he touched my ankle. "Dude," I whined. After 3 hours of waiting and an X-Ray, the doctor finally came inside my room again. "Her ankle joint has been crushed. I will give her a few exercises to do and bind her ankle. You are going to lay up for 2 weeks and then slowly start walking. No dancing," he informed. "What? No dance?" I asked, shocked. "For 3 months," he ordered. I nodded, sadly. Darshan looked at me, remorsefully. 

We reached home and the gang joined us. I laid down on my giant pillow. "I found the idiot on the motorbike," Jyugal stated. "Who?" I demanded. "Amaira Khatri. She stole it from her father and drove it around. I mean, no licence, no training," he replied. "What? That girl definitely lost her brain cells in some accident," Niu said, appalled. "Maybe she was tossed in the air and knocked out of the window by the ceiling fan. And survived it, but lost her brain cells," I laughed. Darshan looked at me, shocked. "Kya hai?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows. "How are you able to joke at a time like this?" He questioned. "Aww, is Darshan worried?" Alisha teased and we laughed. He smiled and blushed. "I'll be fine, Gabbu. Don't worry," I clarified. "All your notebook work, Dance Society meeting notes and gossip will be at your feet every day," Tara sang. I laughed and hugged her. "Chalo, we're leaving. Darshan is staying. Watch the ankle," Hardil said, hugged me and left with the crew. "Gabbuuu..." I whined stretching my hands out and pouting. "Kya hua? You need something?" He asked, worriedly. I shook my head. He sat beside me and kissed my forehead. I slowly got up and sat on his lap. "Ishu. Isn't Masi at home?" He whispered in my ear. "I don't care," I whispered back and laid my head on his shoulder. "You bored?" He smirked and I nodded. "Not for 2 weeks. Okay?" He said, sternly and I nodded. I slowly fell asleep on Darshan's shoulder as he ran his fingers down my hair.

"What are you two doing?!" Masi shrieked. "She's asleep. Shut it," Darshan whisper-yelled. "I'm up," I said, sleepily. "Soja Ishu," he said put me down on the pillow, elevated my ankle and covered me with a comforter. "Good night," he whispered in a baby voice and kissed my cheek. He hugged me around my waist and closed his eyes. 

The Next Day...

I woke up bound in Darshan's arms. I tried to get up but he pulled me back, wrapping his leg around my waist. "Let me go, Gabbu," I said. Did not work. I slowly ran my finger down his cheek. Uh-uh. I slowly tickled him under his face. He smiled. Again. He laughed. "Gabbu, up. Please, love," I whispered in his ear, slowly kissing and rolling my tongue down his neck. He jerked awake and I smirked. "You are getting naughtier by the day," he smirked. "I know," I said as I laid down. "Upar chod doon?" He asked. I nodded. 

I opened the bathroom door and saw Darshan searching for something standing shirtless. "Gabbu," I called. He looked at me. I looked down at the floor to avoid looking at him. "Chal," he said as he lifted me and I closed my eyes. "Blushing, huh?" He smirked as he sat me down on the bed and elevated my ankle. "Put a shirt on, yaar," I whined. "I always sleep shirtless. Let me sleep," he said as he laid down on the bed beside me and closed his eyes. "Darsh, please," I groaned. He smirked and put a shirt on. I smiled at him and kissed his cheek. He sat down and I laid his head in my lap. "What are we gonna do about Amaira?" He asked. "Uh, prank her?" I smiled, evilly. "What? How?" He asked, excitedly. "We have three months to figure. This will be our first group prank!!" I cheered. He pressed his lips to mine. My eyes widened and I pulled away, blushing. He turned around. Mamma and Masi. Mamma was stifling a laugh and Masi was exasperated. "Ho gaya?" Mamma asked, giggling. "Mamma!" I exclaimed, embarrassed. She burst out laughing and I covered my face with a pillow. "Deja vu," Mom mumbled. "I heard that. What deja vu?" I asked. "You heard that?" Mom asked. I smiled. "Uh..." She trailed. "You and Dad got caught the same way by Nani?" I asked, laughing. She looked shocked. Darshan and I burst out laughing. It was her turn to be embarrassed. "Uncle is not gonna hear the end of this. Huh, Ishu?" Darshan laughed and I nodded. 

"Ishu," Darshan called after breakfast. I looked at him. He gave me a look that said 'I wanna kiss you'. He was being way too cheesy today. I smirked. He sat me on his lap as my legs wandered off to the side. I pushed my lips on to his and he kissed back. He bit my lip and I gasped. He slid his tongue into my mouth, tasting every bit of me. I pushed my tongue into his mouth and he smiled into the kiss. He pulled away and kissed my neck and I closed my eyes. 

"Okay... WOAH," someone yelled. We pulled away and looked to the side. The gang. "Okay, you can continue, we're leaving," Niu said as she turned away. I called her back and they sat down. "This is the second time today!" Darshan whined. I nodded. "Auntie caught you?" Tara asked. I nodded. "Yikes," Jyugal asserted. "You texted us about a prank? What prank?" Sid asked, jumping. "We wanted to prank Amaira for revenge. We have three months to plan it, but we need to start," I explained. "No. First, talent show. Second, Navratri. Then, we can start," Jyugal said. "No. No!" I exclaimed, appalled. "What?" Darshan asked. "No Garba this year!" I whined. "Damn it!!" They gang cringed. "We won't do it as well!" Alisha yelled. Everyone nodded. After arguing for 15 minutes, I gave in. 

I loved my friends. They were the best...