LI. Mumbai (Part 2)

Aisha's POV:

I sat down during the break and placed my head on the wall. Aman came and wrapped his arm around mine. I slapped his arm away. "Don't touch me," I warned. "What's wrong?" My teacher asked. "He's being too touchy without permission. I don't like it," I said. "Get away from her, Aman," she ordered and he sat with the boys. 

We finished our dance routines and walked to the rooms. I flopped on the bed. "Yaar, is Aman ki haddi-guddi tod dungi main," Niu huffed. "I know," Tara agreed. "Guys, let's take a nap and then go to the cafe," Alisha said. We nodded, got changed and cuddled up in bed. 

After Coming Back...

I called Darshan. He cut the call. Again. He cut the call. I shrugged, thinking he was sleeping and put the phone away. I went to bed, after sending Aarav and Riaan to their room. We had become good friends and the boys liked hanging out with them too. 

3 Weeks Later...

Darshan hadn't picked up my calls in three weeks and I was getting worried. The girls assured me it was nothing. I was still anxious. We went to Bandra Linking Road, bought some new shoes, went to the beaches again. It was still a lot of fun and the girls kept me distracted. 

Darshan called me one night. "Hi, Gabbu," I cheered, grinning. "Hi, Ishu," he smiled. "Yaar, kya hua? Why didn't you pick up?" I asked. "Sorry," he pouted. I smiled and we talked about what happened these past three weeks. He seemed distant, lost. After an hour or so, I cut the call. 

I walked to the cafe, alone, I needed some alone time. I needed to think. I needed to know what was going on. Mamma told me Darshan was okay. She hadn't seen him act weird. Darshan was way too distant. One part of my brain told me he was upset, one said he was cheating on me, one said he was sick.  The cheating part couldn't be true. I trusted him. Upset, I got it. Sick, I don't think so. Symptoms would have been evident. I was really confused. This wasn't like Darshan. He was the touchy-feely cutie I fell in love with. He was way too feely. Meaning, he would call me. Talk to me, whine and tell me he wants to kiss me. Count the days till I got back. He'd make me laugh when I was upset about not being with him at a certain time. I hoped nothing had gone wrong between us. That I hadn't said something that would break us again. That we wouldn't go back to hating each other. I knew I was being paranoid. But, I am always paranoid when it comes to family. Even though I don't show it. 

A/N: Hey! So, uh... 3 more chapters and the story's gonna be finished. I am really excited about the surprise I've got planned. Any guesses? 🧐🧐