V. The Scoundrel is Hanging at my House (Part 2)

Aisha's POV:

"Yeh kya hai? Aisha?" Darshan asked, holding up the book. "Kya kya hai?" I asked as I turned around to face him. He waved the book. "Nahi. No. No. Don't look at it. Give it to me," I called. "What is this anyway?" He turned the book halfway. "Don't!!" I yelled as I jumped up to grab the book. We struggled for a while. I got hold of the book and hid it away. "Please tell me you did not read the label," I stammered. "What label?" He raised an eyebrow. I ran my fingers through my hair and fell on my bed, breathing heavily. "Tu bhulakkad hoti ja rahi hai," Niharika scolded. "Yaar, I am already beating myself up because I did not put that stuff in. Aur mat daat yaar. Please," I whined. "Carelessness ki hadd hai tu, yaar," she shook her head. "Guys, dinner," Mamma yelled from downstairs. I sniffed. "Paneer Biryani!!" I shouted as I jumped out my door on the floor. I grabbed someone's hand and ran to the kitchen. I sat down and noticed I held Darshan's hand. I quickly let go, clearing my throat. 

After Dinner...

"Kaun kahan soyega?" Darshan asked as he laid on my bed. We looked at each other, confused. "I'll take the recliner. Niu, tu aur Darshan bed pe so jao," I said walking to the recliner and pulling the lever. "Nahi, main wahan so jaungi. Main hamesha wahin pe soti hoon and I love it," Niharika said as she laid down there. "Fine..." I muttered as I laid beside Darshan. "Good night. Light off kar doon?" I asked. They grunted in reply. I switched the lights off.

Darshan's POV: 

Why did I agree to come here? I have to share a bed with this idiot. I couldn't sleep. Aisha rolled over to me and wrapped her arm around me and nuzzled her head into my neck. What is she doing? "Aisha... move," I whispered in her ear. She did not respond. She was asleep. Memories flooded into my mind. All the times we shared a room 7 years ago, she would snuggle up with me. And we laughed together all the time as she laughed with Niharika today. All the times we stayed up all night watching Disney movies. She loved cartoon movies. Our pillow fights, inside jokes, everything. She was my best friend, my partner in crime. My Ishu. 

Tears welled up in my eyes. She wrapped her right leg around my legs. I smiled as tears ran down my cheeks. I hugged her back (hesitantly) and gradually fell asleep. 

The Next Morning... 

Niharika's POV:

I rubbed my eyes as I woke up. I got dressed and looked at Aisha's bed. SHE WAS CUDDLED UP WITH DARSHAN RAVAL??!! I walked to her bed to try and wake her up. But, they looked so peaceful. I clicked a picture, printed it out, left it on her bedside table and walked out of the room.

Aisha's POV:

I woke up to find that I was cuddled up with Darshan last night. I smacked my forehead and picked my glasses. I put them on to find a picture of me and Darshan. I smiled as nostalgia hit me. All the times we cuddled up at night because I couldn't sleep. All the times we sat underneath a tree and read books out loud to each other. How I helped Darshan get over his fear of heights. All the times I styled his hair. How much we loved sitting on the roof and having ice cream during summer. Our laughs, secrets, everything. He was my best friend, my partner in crime. My Gabbu.

I started crying. I put the picture in my ottoman and ran to my bathroom to let all my tears out and get dressed.