XII. The Week before the Audition(Part 1)

Aisha's POV:

I was tensed. There was way too much on my mind for two weeks. The Audition, schoolwork, getting rid of that jackass Pratham and Darshan's weirdness. I walked to school alone, I needed some time alone with my thoughts. I thought about everything but the jackass. Because the guy couldn't take a damn hint. Also, I decided to talk to Darshan about his staring. 

I reached school faster than I expected. I headed in with no interest to do anything. "Hi, Aisha," Tara cheered as she sat beside me. I told her about all the things on my mind and the plan to talk to Darshan. She nodded in agreement and asked me to keep updating her about everything. 

After classes...

"Darshan!" I called as I walked up to the gang. "Kya hai?" Siddharth asked, annoyed. "Tera naam liya maine? Nahi. Toh, kyun beech mein phudak raha hai?" I demanded. "Kya hua, Aisha? Kyun bulaaya?" Darshan looked at me. "Come with me." I pulled him to the classroom which was now empty. "What is it with you?" I inquired. "Kya?"

"Kya? Really? You have been acting weird. You are staring at me all the time. It has been two weeks. It is creeping me out. Why are you staring at me all the time?"

"No. Uh... nothing." 

Darshan's POV:

Did she find me creepy? "Do you find me creepy?" I asked, absentmindedly. "You are not creepy. Staring at me is creepy. It gives me the heebie-jeebies. For god's sake, please stop," she begged. I realised what I had just said. "O-Okay. I will."

I walked off in confusion. Why did I feel bad about her saying my staring is creepy? She was the only thing on my mind for weeks on end. I could not think of anything but her. She made me smile even after 7 years. She never physically hurt me as I did to her. UNINTENTIONALLY. I wanted to hug her and stay with her all my life. She was a happy and bubbly soul. 

I shook my head. I hated her. I hated her.

I sat back down with my friends. "Kya bola chudail ne? Gali di hogi. Aur kya bola hoga?" Hardil said, irritably. I shook my head. "Bhai. Kahan kho gaya?" Jyugal asked, looking at my dazed appearance. "Kuch nahi. Main ghar ja raha hoon," I declared and walked off. I hoped I wouldn't see Aisha on my way home. Well, not all wishes come true, do they? I saw Aisha dancing and laughing with the girls. She looked so lively and free. She turned. I quickly changed my expression. She shrugged and turned back to the girls talking to Tara about something. I wanted to hold her. My feelings were so messed up. I had to talk to Jyugal. He would help me. 

Aisha's POV:

"You should do your solo performance on that song from 'Karthik Calling Karthik'," Tara said. "Which one?" Niu asked. "Uff Teri Adaa, yaar," I answered. "Lekin uske liye partner lagega. She can't do it alone. Niu and Jyugal can dance on it," Alisha suggested and we burst out laughing. Niu blushed. We teased her all the way back home. 

At Home...

I flopped onto my bed after practice. I closed my eyes and slowly zoned out. 

My phone rang loudly, jerking me awake. The girls. "Hi! What up?" I asked. "Yaar, Niu was panicking," Alisha said. I raised an eyebrow. "Dude! Jyugal called me. I did not pick up the call. I can't talk to him!" Niu groaned. "You fool!! Tune use audition ke liye kaise manaaya phir? You talked to him. Now, cut this damn call and talk to him. GO!" I shouted, good-naturedly. She nodded and cut the call.

This was getting interesting...