XX. New Friends and Foiled Plans

Aisha's POV:

I walked to school when someone tapped my shoulder. Amaira. "Hey, girl!" I said, unsurely, trying to mask my insecurity around her. "So, what's up?" she asked. "Well, uh, the past week went amazing. The 8 of us stayed together at Tara's place. Today, well... the usual. School, dance, b-ball with ma' homies, food, TV, more food and bed," I replied. "Ma' homies? What does that even mean? And, why do you have an American accent?" She raised an eyebrow. "Oh, my dad lived in Cali. And I go there for 15 days over summer. I got the accent from him. The homies mean the boys. Hardil, Sid, J and Darshan. The girls don't play b-ball and well, I love it. So, I go there daily with the boys. And the girls come there and we have fun for a while and go home," I explained. "Can I join?"

"Do you know how to play?" I asked. She shook her head. "Then what the heck are you gonna do there?" I questioned, dramatically. "Have fun?" 

"By fun, I mean curse each other and laugh. You do not wanna be cursed by us. You will cry! No kidding. Well, gotta go," I added and walked to the 7. "Why not?" She demanded. "Why not, what now?" Tara asked. "B-ball curse fest," I informed. They nodded. "Ishu, water weekend with the parents still on?" Darshan asked, flinging his arm on my shoulder. I nodded. "You guys are going to the water park and did not tell us?" Alisha demanded as she brought her face close to mine. "I did. You forgot. Your souvenirs will be at your hands next Monday. We good?" I spoke as fast as I can. She grinned and nodded. We laughed and headed to class.

After classes...

"Hey, guys!! Amaira. What are you doing here?" I asked as I sat down with the gang. "Hanging," she answered. I nodded. Darshan laid his head on my shoulder. "Kya hogaya, Gabbu?" I asked as I kissed his forehead. "No idiosyncrasies for the weekend. I'm gonna miss them," he whined. "It is okay. That is a good thing. You do not wanna be beaten up," I explained. He nodded. "Idio-who-what?" Jyugal questioned. I gave him a look saying 'Kissing' and he nodded, smirking. I glared at him. He bit his lip trying not to laugh. "What?" I mouthed to him. He shook his head. We burst out laughing. All of us. "What happened?" Amaira asked. We shook our heads, wheezing. "Ishu, why are we laughing?" Darshan asked. We started laughing all over again and Darshan looked clueless. I kissed his cheek and asked, "Ghar chalein?" He nodded, kissing me back. "Can I join you guys?" Amaira asked and Darshan nodded. I groaned mentally. 

Darshan and Amaira chatted all the way and I walked beside them listening to music. I absentmindedly started singing along to 'Tum Se Hi'. 

Darshan's POV:

I stopped talking to Amaira and looked at Aisha. She had such a gorgeous voice. I stopped in my tracks and drowned in her voice. Amaira tapped my shoulder and asked, "Kya hua?" I shook my head. Aisha continued singing and I walked to her and wrapped my arm around her shoulder. She looked at me and smiled that beautiful smile that melted my heart. Always. "Yeh gaana kis ke liye hai? Me?" I asked, cheekily. She pulled out her headphones and exclaimed, "Nahi. Pratham ke liye. Saale, tere liye hi hoga na!" 

I chuckled. "Are you two dating?" Amaira asked, shocked. "No, we have always been like this," Aisha snapped. She nodded. I signed her to calm down. We reached Aisha's house and she saw a note on her door which said, "We are at the hospital. We are very sorry we have not been at home for 2 months. Kitchen dekh lena. We love you, sweetie-Mamma and Papa" and her smile dropped. She waved to me and Amaira and went inside. I felt bad for her. She never planned anything with her parents because it would fail. I waved to Amaira and went home. "Hi, Ma!" I exclaimed as I hugged her. She kissed my forehead and I went to change. I then asked my mom if I could call Ishu over and she nodded.

Aisha walked in and hugged my mom. "Thank you," she mumbled to her. "Kyun?" 

"For having me over. Bohot ho gaya. They have cancelled 10 movie night plans in 2 months. I give up," she groaned. "They are doing it for you na. They love you and want to keep you happy in the future," Ma explained. "What about the present? They're never home," she cried. Ma hugged her and kissed her forehead before we went to my room. "Ishu, come here," I said, spreading my arms out as I sat on my bed. She walked into my arms, laying beside me. I hugged her tight and she let the tears fall. "Ishu. Why are you crying?" I asked, turning to look at her. "I miss Papa. I want to talk to him. I miss him so much. They don't even know that I performed at school. Das minute bhi baat nahi karte. Main kya karun," she said in between cries. I pulled her to my chest and she continued crying. "Darshan!!" Dad. I opened the door to my room and Aisha continued crying into a pillow. "What did you say to her?!" Dad exclaimed. "She is missing Uncle. Why would I do anything to her?" I clarified. He nodded and sat beside her. 

Aisha's POV:

Uncle consoled me and I smiled at him, hugging him. After he left the room Darshan locked the door and came towards me and made me sit on his lap. "Movie dekhein?" He asked. I nodded and laid my head on his shoulder. He plugged in 'The Parent Trap'. I looked up at him. My Gabbu. He always knew how to make me smile. I loved him. He looked at me and raised his eyebrows. I kissed his jaw and looked at the movie. 

A/N: The story's getting boring. Isn't it?