XLIV. Broken Noses and Super Simple Pranks

Aisha's POV:

I hauled her away from Darshan and punched her. She slapped me. I punched her in the nose. Again and again, till she was bleeding. She shrieked. Amaira walked off to the nurse's room. I looked at my boyfriend. Darshan's eyes were closed, tears silently streaming down his cheeks. I took Darshan's hand in mine and took him to the only place we'd have privacy, the Dance Society's meeting room. I locked the door and looked at him. He was trembling. I wiped his tears away, but they kept flowing. I cupped his cheeks and made him look at me. "Don't. She kissed me and I didn't push her away. I am wrong too," he said, quietly. "I saw your hands trying to push her away," I rejoined, wiping his face again. He hugged me (almost jumping on me), his face shoved in my neck. I kissed his head. "I hate seeing you cry... Dumpling," I said, chuckling. He chuckled. "Dumpling?" He asked, giving me a look. "You call me Aqua, I call you Dumpling. We're even," I said, shrugging. He grinned. My expression softened as I slowly pecked his lips. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him close, my cheek touching his. He kissed my cheek and we walked back to the gang to tell them that we're heading back home. 

At Darshan's house...

He laid on my lap and I laid on the bed. "Why do trust me so much?" Darshan asked. "Because... I just do. There's something about you," I smiled. He got up and sat in my lap, his head on my shoulder. "I don't even know what would happen to me if I were to lose you," he said, his fingers laced in my hair. "You wouldn't," I assured. "What if? You leave and fall in love with someone else? Someone better than me," He asked. "Never think that. Ever," I responded. He nodded. "I love you. And, nothing will ever change that. Even moving away," I insisted, caressing his cheeks. His adorable face broke into a smile. 

A smile that held so much love. So much innocence. A smile that broke my heart AND fixed it at the same time. 

"Kya hua?" He asked, looking into my eyes. I shook my head. He laid beside me and pulled me to his chest. "The gang is coming over in a while," I said. He nodded. I kissed his temple and turned around. He wrapped himself around me and I chuckled. He leaned to kiss my cheek, his entire weight on me. I winced and he flinched back. "Sorry, sorry, sorry," he said, planting three kisses on my neck. 

"Awww," the gang cooed, looking at us. I smiled at them. I tried to pull away, but Darshan was still on top of me. Well, half of him. I poked his face and he grunted. He opened his eyes and smiled at us. 

"Dekho, we will do a very simple prank," Niu said. I nodded. "Fart Bag," Sid said as he pulled one out. We laughed and nodded. "Amaira sits in front of us, we're set," Tara chimed in. We grinned. 

The Next Day...

We sat down in class and waited. Amaira walked in and stood at her seat adjusting her shirt. I slipped the bag on the seat. Miss David walked in and we wished her. We sat down and held our breath. Amaira sat down and fart sounds and smells filled the room. She shrieked whilst everyone laughed. I pulled the bag down with my foot and hid it in my backpack. Everyone was giggling for the rest of the classes. The entire CLASS. NO KIDDING. Amaira was so embarrassed. The prank worked!! And, she deserved it. 

After Classes...

"Yeah," we cheered as we high-fived. "Act normal," I mumbled. We started acting like we were talking about weekend plans. "Yaar, tum log California mein kahan ja rahe ho?" Jyugal asked. "LA, baby!!" All four of us girls cheered and laughed. "Uncle Yash owns a beach house there," Niu smiled. "Oh yeah, you told me. Years ago," Darshan said, pointing at me. I nodded. "And what plans there?" Jyugal asked. "No idea. Dad said we weren't going anywhere huge. Maybe shop a little bit, relax on the beach," I smiled. "I'm gonna miss you guys," Darshan said hugging me and Alisha close. "What about us?" Tara and Niu whined. He walked up to them and hugged them. I giggled. "It was you. Huh?" Amaira asked, walking up to us. "What?" I asked tearing my eyes away from the gang. "The prank," she clarified. "Tu jo bol," I said, gesturing her to walk away. "Haan, Jyugal. What were you asking?" I asked, ignoring the nasty looks Amaira was giving me. "About LA. Tum log kab ja rahe ho?" He asked. "20th," Alisha replied. "LA?" Amaira asked. "The girls are travelling to LA. To Uncle Yash's beach house for Christmas," Sid answered, smiling. She stalked off. I bit my tongue, trying not to laugh. 

Darshan and I walked home. "Aqua, what are you gonna bring me back from LA?" He asked. "A shell," I joked. "A shell? Really?" He laughed. "Why? Shells are actually romantic," I said, in a matter-of-factly way. "What? Romantic?" He chuckled. "Yeah. I mean, they are all shimmery and cute. Hell, I could even make you a headband. You'd look really cute in a shell headband. We could also take some pictures in twinsie headbands," I said, innocently. He burst out laughing. I smiled. "What are you really gonna bring me back?" He asked. I leaned to his ear and whispered, "Surprise," and ran off. He chased me all the way home. He was staying over. He picked me up and threw me over his shoulder, ringing my doorbell. "Hi, Dad. I've been abducted by my own boyfriend and brought to my own home," I said, my head facing the road, raising my hand and waving. Dad laughed. Darshan walked in and climbed up the stairs. I waved and grinned at my Dad while he was still laughing. 

The men in my life were crazy... Absolutely. 

A/N: Just imagine Darshan in a shell headband. He'd look like a cute baby. 🥰🥰