CH 31 || Life Is Unpredictable

Start from the beginning

"Nothing, I was just here to take a call."I lied.

"Is it over?"

"Yeah."

"Let's go and have dinner with me."

"You go. I am coming." She didn't leave and stared at my face for a bit.

"What?" I asked, raising my eyebrows.

"Nothing," she replied with a frown on her face. When I gestured to her to leave she did.

I was quiet while having dinner

I was quiet while having dinner. Everyone was indulged in some conversation I had no idea about. All I did was stealing glances at Anvi. Whenever Anvi's gaze fell upon me I would avert mine.

When my lack of interest in the conversation was noticed I made an excuse for a minor headache. I wanted my friends to stay but they didn't. I was well aware they wanted me to spend time with my wife but I didn't want the same.

I wasn't strong that night.

"Bye, come soon," Anvi yelled like a kid.

"Sure," Dhriti yelled back and waved her hand before she and Namit drove to their house. Jai and Niharika had left earlier than them.

"Let's go inside," I said.

"Ok."

To avoid Anvi I decided to do the dishes. But she followed me to the kitchen and sat on the small seating area there.

"Nick, can I ask you something?" She asked so sweetly that I couldn't deny her.

"Go ahead," I said before I rolled my full tee to the elbow and wore the apron to do the dishes.

"Where are Ahana and Adhiraj Bhaiya?" her voice was feeble. Maybe she didn't want to hurt me by bringing that topic.

"They are staying in a hotel." I needed to distract myself from my wife but she kept on asking me questions. She wasn't ready to leave me even for a bit. Though she knew why Adhiraj and Ahana were staying in a hotel as I had heard Niharika telling her.

"So Adhiraj Bhaiya took her away. Oh," she said.

"Nick, what ab..." I had to cut her off in mid. "Anvi, leave me alone."

"Why?"

"I am doing the dishes. Go and sleep. I would join you after a few minutes." Anvi went silent. I heard footsteps but what happened next left me speechless and frozen at my place.

Anvi didn't leave, instead hugged me from behind by sliding her hands on my abdomen. She nuzzled on my back before resting her cheek there.

 She nuzzled on my back before resting her cheek there