~Chapter Fifteen~

Start from the beginning

"I told you I was sorry." Rose sighs.

"No actually you didn't, but don't worry we're not friends so I don't expect one. And if you were sorry you wouldn't have slept with him again after I left and then paraded around in his house in a robe, which by the way looked ugly on you." She says flashing her a fake smile.

"We gave up because somebody blew up a coffee shop with us in it."

"It's a shame they didn't blow both of you up," Maddy mumbles while picking at her fingernails.

"There's more to learn. We just have to find a way to learn it." Elena sighs.

"Why are you coming to me with this?"

"Because you owe me. One word from me, and Damon and Stefan could have killed you for kidnapping me. Plus I'm the only reason Maddy isn't driving a stake through your heart." Elena says, raising an eyebrow.

"Or maybe it's because you know that they wouldn't want you doing this. And their moonstone caper gives you a chance to sneak away."

"We're having a disagreement, okay? They're willing to risk everyone that I love and I'm not."

"They're just trying to protect you," Rose reassures.

"And you've proven that you couldn't care less whether I'm protected or not. So, we're back to you taking me to Slater."

Rose sighs as she sits down next to Elena making sure to keep the doppelganger in the middle of the two vampires.

"What exactly do you hope to achieve by this?" She asks.

"How would you like to be able to walk during the daylight?" Elena asks, dodging the question.

"I've been a slave to shadows for 500 years, what do you think?"

"Well then if you listen and do what she asks you, it'll be your lucky day." Maddy sighs.

"I know a witch who's willing to do whatever it takes to help if you're willing to make a deal."

~~~~~~~~~~

The three girls arrive outside of Slater's residence, Rose parking her car and leading them to his apartment.

"Slater? Slater, it's Rose. Open up!" Rose shouts banging on the door but getting no response. "He's not home. Sorry." She shrugs.

"Mm-mm. No. We didn't come all the way out here for nothing." Elena shakes her head.

"And I definitely didn't sit in a car with you that long for nothing," Maddy says, pushing past Rose and kicking the door open.

Rose sighs gesturing into the apartment. "After you." She says, looking at the two girls.

Elena and Maddy walk into the apartment with Rose following suit. Rose wanders farther into the apartment than Elena does, looking for Slater. Maddy looked around the pristine apartment with her eyes narrowed. She could feel death lingering in the air. Somebody was dead in here.

"Slater?" Rose calls out, her face falling when she looks into a room and spots his dead body. "I don't think he's gonna be much help."