~Chapter Sixty~

Rebekah sat in Maddy's living room alone, deep in thought

Rebekah sat in Maddy's living room alone, deep in thought. She had been the first one to find the strawberry blonde out cold in the middle of the road with tear streaks on her face. She immediately ignored Caroline's unconscious body and rushed Madison home.

She knew her brother was most likely on his way. All the multiple calls Maddy's phone had received from him helped her figure that out. For as long as Rebekah had known Maddy, she had never actually experienced one of her screams. This was the first time and if she was being honest, it scared her. All the damage she had caused with one simple scream. That was nothing but raw power. It was the kind of power people needed to be afraid of.

When Caroline had awoken, she called an ambulance for Carol Lockwood then rushed to tell her friends about Maddy's eyes changing during her scream. She wasn't completely sure how banshees worked, but there was no way in hell their eyes turned completely black.

Maddy slowly sat up, glancing around to figure out that she was in the comfort of her room. Her body felt heavy and drained. The scream had taken every ounce of energy she had. She ran her hand through her somewhat tangled hair as she threw her legs over the bed. She stops moving when she feels a presence.

Turning around, she spots Shelia Bennett standing on the other side of her bed. "Long time no see, Madison." The witch smiles.

"Shelia." Maddy greets sending her a curt nod. "Coming to talk to me from beyond the dead... This must be important."

"Yeah, it is. I've already warned Bonnie and now I'm here to warn you." She states.

"Warn me about what?"

"You."

Maddy furrows her eyebrows in confusion. "What about me?"

"When Bonnie did that spell to draw Selene out of your body, it only got rid of her, not her dark magic," Shelia explains.

"Ok, what does that mean?"

"It means you now have her power. You're not just a vampire and a banshee anymore, Madison. You're a black magic witch too. That makes you a tribrid. It makes you a danger to all species and when people find that out, they'll come for you."

"I don't feel any kind of magic running through me and I am friends with every species there is so I highly doubt that anyone is gonna try and hurt me." She shakes her head.

"You'd be surprised what people are willing to do when they're scared."

"Why are you telling me this?"