~Chapter Thirteen~

"So how much of your little story is true?" Elena questions Katherine

Maddy and Elena had been sat there listening to Katherine's what may or may not be true stories. She had told them how she killed herself to become a vampire and not be used for the sacrifice. Turning herself into a vampire was what made Klaus vengeful towards her. She told them about how Trevor had helped her escape and she used Roses blood to turn herself.

"I have no reason to lie, Elena. I have no reason to do anything but sit here and read and rot." Katherine sighs, leaning her head against the tomb wall.

"Okay, assuming it's even partially true, that's the reason why you came back, isn't it? Because you wanted to be the one to hand me over to Klaus. And what about Maddy?"

"I would never give Maddy to him!" Katherine shouts, quickly getting defensive. "As for you though, 500 years on the run, I figured maybe he'd be willing to strike a deal."

"Sounds like something you'd do," Madison says shaking her head. "You self-centered evil bitch."

"I was never self-centered when it came to you."

"Right, and that's why you compelled Damon to fall in love with you?" She questions, causing Katherine to fall silent. "Exactly."

"So you got Mason Lockwood to find you the moonstone," Elena speaks.

"Right again."

"You don't just need Elena to break the curse, so what else do you need?" Maddy asks.

"You always were smart," Katherine smirks at the older vampire.

"So it's not just me or the stone, is it? Otherwise, there would be no reason to trigger Tyler Lockwood's werewolf curse." Elena says.

"Witches and their spells, so many ingredients, so many people to sacrifice."

"So you do need a werewolf?" The human questions.

"Believe it or not, they're hard to come by," Katherine replies.

"What else?" Maddy asks, growing impatient and quiet annoyed with the Petrova vampire.

"A witch to do the spell. Mine bailed but Bonnie will do just fine."

"And?" She urges on.

"A vampire."

"Caroline." Elena sighs.

"It could have been anyone I suppose, as long as it wasn't Madison, but I like the poetry of Caroline."