~Chapter Thirty Three~

After a long exhausting night, Damon and Maddy slowly walk towards the Salvatore boarding house

After a long exhausting night, Damon and Maddy slowly walk towards the Salvatore boarding house. There was a comfortable silence between them, their hands brushing over each other here and there.

"So, how do you feel?" Damon questions, stopping and standing in front of her.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean your humanity is back on. So what are you feeling right now?"

"I'm fine." She shrugs.

"That's it? You don't feel the urge to kick my ass or slap Elena around, maybe shove a knife or two into Stefan?"

"A little bit." She laughs.

"Ah, there it is." Damon smiles down at her.

"There what is?"

"That laugh. I missed it." He says, caressing her cheek.

"Are you going soft on me, Damon?" She narrows her eyes at him with a small smile.

"Only if you want me to."

"Stop it." She shakes her head, stepping away from him.

"Stop what?" He questions.

"Acting like we're a thing." She sighs. "I don't like when you do that."

"Maybe I want us to be a thing." He shrugs.

"Well, I don't!"

"Why not!"

"Because I'm not stupid, Damon! I know that eventually somewhere down the line something is gonna happen between you and Elena. I want someone who loves me and only me. You can't give me that, so stop acting like you can." She speaks before walking into the boarding house.

"What did you do with her?!" Elena shouts as the two of them enter.

"Will you please calm her down?" Damon asks, looking at Stefan.

"Don't talk like I'm not standing right in front of you."

"Please calm down." He says, looking down at her.

"You knew! Didn't you? You knew that if she harnessed all that power, that she would die, didn't you?"

"Yes. Yes, I knew." Damon nods.