~Chapter Forty Six~

The three vampires arrived at their destination, the car rolling to a stop

The three vampires arrived at their destination, the car rolling to a stop. Maddy was sat in the passenger's seat again, growing annoyed with the not-so-secret glances that both Klaus and Stefan were giving her. For the majority of the ride, she wasn't letting their stares get to her, but she could only keep her mouth shut for so long.

"Would you two stop looking at me?" She snaps.

"They're my eyes, Madison. You can't tell me what to look at." Stefan states.

Growing annoyed, Maddy quickly unbuckles her seatbelt trying to charge at the young Salvatore only to be stopped by Klaus.

"That's enough you two. Stefan, keep your eyes off my woman, or else I'll rip them out." Klaus states, gently pushing Maddy back in her seat. "Welcome back to Chicago, Stefan." He smiles, stopping and getting out of the car.

"What are we doing here?" Stefan questions.

"I know how much you loved it here. Bringing back memories of the good old ripper days?" Klaus responds, walking over to open Maddy's door.

"Thanks." She mutters under her breath.

"Blacked out most of them. A lot of blood, a lot of partying. The details are all a blur." Stefan shrugs.

Maddy glances around taking in the way Chicago looked. The buildings, the apartments, the people. It was a nice place. It would've been nicer if she wasn't there with two people she couldn't stand.

"Well, that is a crying shame. The details are what make it legend." Klaus sighs. "Chicago was magical." He smiles, wrapping an arm around Maddy's shoulder, just for her to shrug it off and move away from him.

"Yeah, well, I'll take your word for it. Like I said, I don't remember most of it."

"Going to get down to business, then?" Klaus nods as they continue walking.

"Why are we still with you? We had our fun, your hybrids failed. I mean, don't you want to move on?" Stefan questions.

"We're going to see my favorite witch. If anyone can help us with our hybrid problem, it's her."

~~~~~~~~~~

The three vampires enter a bar, each one glancing around at the scene. Emptiness and quietness filled the dimly lit bar. Maddy wouldn't say it aloud, but she got bad vibes from this place. Like something bad was going to happen, but as long as it wasn't to her, she didn't care.