~Chapter Sixty Eight~

Maddy trotted throughout Mystic Falls, shopping bags in her hands

Maddy trotted throughout Mystic Falls, shopping bags in her hands. The small content smile she wore somehow brightened the moods of the people she walked past, each one giving her a smile in return. As she crosses the street she hears someone call out her name.

"Maddy!" The voice rings through her ears.

Spinning around she comes face to face with Jeremy. "Yes?" She questions curiously.

"You know what, I don't care. I don't care that Elena's gonna get upset and I don't care that your fighting with everyone. I'm on your side. What they did was totally screwed up and I don't care how messy things get." He rants, before stopping, noticing the look on her face. "What's wrong why are you looking at me like that?"

"I uh, I don't think we've met before and I don't know who or what you're talking about." She shakes her head.

"What? Come on Maddy, it's me. It's Remy." He states.

"Ok, I really don't understand why people keep coming up to me thinking I know them." Maddy sighs. "You look a little too young to be my type, but if I slept with you, I'm sorry, I don't remember."

"No, we definitely never slept together." He blushes, scratching the back of his neck awkwardly. "You really don't remember me?"

"Sorry." She shrugs while shaking her head. "You seem like a nice kid but, I'm pretty sure I'm not the person you're looking for."

It had finally hit Jeremy. He knew what happened and that made him want to scream at her. Compulsion was a bitch, this made him hate it even more. But, there wasn't anything he could do about it, and he knew that. Instead of throwing a temper tantrum like he wanted to, he takes a deep breath.

"You're right, I'm sorry. I'm uh, I'm Jeremy by the way. You just, really look like someone I know." He lies, holding out his hand for her to shake.

"Oh, you have manners." She smiles taking his hand in hers. "I like that. I'm Madison."

"I know." He sighs.

"What?" She tilts her head.

"I mean, you- you look like a Madison." He quickly corrects himself.

"You're nervous...Why?" She questions. "Are you hiding something?"

Jeremy chuckles, Maddy was always good at reading people. "Nope, pretty girls just make me really nervous."

"You, my dear friend, have a spectacular taste in girls." She smiles, glancing down at his wrist. "Is that vervain your wearing?"