~Chapter Forty Eight ~

The girls stood in front of each other as Klaus eyed them carefully

The girls stood in front of each other as Klaus eyed them carefully. He was confused as to how his little sister knew the woman who he had been searching for and failed to mention it a long time ago. He was upset but for Maddy's sake he was holding it in. She was just now getting comfortable, he didn't wanna scare her off now.

"You left me with nothing but some bullshit note. I don't even know who you are. You lied to me about everything. Your name, your life. You told me your entire family died! I poured my heart out and told you everything about me just for you to tell me nothing but lies!" Maddy shouts taking a step forward.

With each step Maddy took towards her, Rebekah took a step back. Maddy was way more powerful than she should have been for her age. Rebekah knew that with the right amount of anger, Madison just might be able to overpower an Original. It was hard to believe that she had the strength of Original vampire but in just a few days of knowing the strawberry blonde, she had concluded that anything was possible with her.

"I know Maddy. I was just doing it to protect you." Rebekah reasons.

"Protect me from what?"

"From him!" The blonde yells, pointing at her brother. "I didn't want him to use you and I didn't want him to hurt you either. I just wanted to keep you safe." She sighs.

"Ouch, little sister." Klaus states

"You could have just told me the truth because now I'm standing here looking at a stranger." Maddy shakes her head.

"Just because I lied about my family and my name and where came from, doesn't mean I lied about the way I felt about you. I loved you and I still do."

"Yeah well, I'm pretty sure that feeling is about to change." She sighs, backing from Rebekah and standing by Klaus. "You might as well bring your little piece offering in."

Klaus stares at her for a second, not liking how upset she was. He also wasn't liking the fact that his sister added even more competition for Maddy's love and affection. His siblings were really starting to piss him off, at this point, but nonetheless, he still called Stefan in.

"You can come in." He calls out, causing Stefan to walk in.

"Stefan..." Rebekah gasps.

"Now you remember." Klaus compels causing Stefan to remember everything.

"Rebekah..." Stefan speaks, walking closer to her, the two of them holding eye contact.

"Stefan," Klaus says, causing the Salvatore to turn and look at him in recognition.

"I remember you. We were friends." Stefan remembers.