~Chapter Fifty Three~

The house she sat in was quiet

The house she sat in was quiet. It had been a while since she was able to sit by herself and enjoy the silence. Chaos had somehow found its way into her life every second of the day. She was grateful Klaus had taken the time to get her her own space. She didn't care how and she didn't wanna know how.

It was comfortable, already furnished when she stepped foot inside. He must've known her better than she thought considering this house was just right for her. Nothing too big and flashy, but definitely beautiful. Soft white couches in the living room. Three big bedrooms, along with two squeaky clean and pristine bathrooms. One huge walk-in closet filled with all the clothes, shoes, and accessories a girl could dream of. All exactly in her size. A big kitchen fully stocked with everything she needed. Blood bags, snacks, and any other foods she could enjoy. He had really taken the time to make sure she liked everything in the house and it was full of her favorites.

Her relaxation was cut short when she heard a knock on the door. With a sigh, she speeds over to the entrance and swings the door open, revealing a familiar witch.

"Bonnie?" She questions. "What are you doing here?"

"Months with no call or texts and all you have to say is what are you doing here?" The Bennett witch scoffs, pushing past the strawberry blonde.

"Hello to you too." Maddy sighs, closing the door behind them.

"Do you have any idea how worried we were about you? How worried I was about you?"

"No, I didn't. I didn't think you cared about me that much." The vampire shakes her head.

"Turns out your presence makes a bigger impact on us than we all knew."

"I'm sure you guys weren't that miserable without me. You've only known me for like eight months." She shrugs.

"Elena cried for you every day for the first month and a half. Damon was a complete asshole to almost everyone. Jeremy sat in your room for hours. Caroline bitched every day about not getting to watch some stupid movie with you. And me... I had nobody around who actually acknowledged how I felt. You were the only person I could breathe freely around and not have to worry about putting any pressure on me." Bonnie explains. "Eight months might not seem like a long time to you, but with us, that makes you family. Especially when we lose people left and right."

"Ok Bonnie, I'm sorry. But I'm here now, alright." She sighs, resting her hands on top of her shoulders. "I think you're just a little shaken up from last night."

"Matt tried drowning himself. Tyler died. Dana and Chad died. Elena almost died and I can't lose anyone I care about because I can't take it." Bonnie breaks down, leaning on Maddy who immediately embraces the obviously stressed-out girl.