~Chapter Fifty~

Madison awoke with a familiar cramp in her neck

Madison awoke with a familiar cramp in her neck. The realization that it had to of been Rebekah who snapped her neck made her angry at the blonde. She would definitely get her words in with her later. She slowly stood up finding herself in the back of a moving truck, a blanket draped over her body.

Walking towards the open part of the truck, she spots Rebekah leaning against it. She quickly walked towards her, stepping over Stefan's body in the process. Swinging her leg, she kicks the Mikaelson in the back, sending her flying a few feet from the truck. A painful grunt escaped Rebekah's lips as she rolled over to see Maddy standing over her.

"I deserved that." She exhales.

"Yeah, you did." Maddy nods reaching down to help her up.

"I'm sorry. I just didn't like you guys fighting like that." Rebekah sighs letting go of Maddy's hand to brush herself off.

"I don't care how much I like your brother. If he wants a fight I will always be ready to give him one." She explains, brushing off the last spot of dirt on the Original's shirt.

"I know... You were kicking his ass too." Rebekah smiles gently shoving her. "I knew you were strong but I wasn't expecting you to be that strong."

"Yeah, nine hundred years of built-up anger and aggression does that to a person." Maddy laughs.

Rebekah gazes at the slightly younger vampire, her smile falling from her face. "What happened between you guys?"

"I told him I didn't wanna be with him." Maddy shrugs as the two of them lean on the truck. "I said I just wanted to be friends."

"Did you mean it?"

"Kind of. No. I mean he makes me happy and I enjoy spending time with him." She smiles, the thought of them together making her happy.

"Then why not move forward with him?"

"Because...I'm scared, Bekah. A certain individual brought it to my attention that every time I let myself fall for someone, I'm the one who ends up heartbroken. Every time I love someone I let them treat me like shit and use me until they finally want nothing to do with me anymore. I'm not letting it happen again." She explains, feeling a weight lifted off her shoulders as she spoke her truth.

Rebekah stares at the clearly broken vampire, a frown on her face. She knew Damon had taken a toll on her, but she didn't know it was this bad. It made her despise the older Salvatore. A part of her hated herself for leaving her behind all those years ago. She could have been there for her, but she wasn't.