~Chapter Thirty Two~

Elena, Stefan, Damon, Bonnie, and Maddy all sat in the living room of the Salvatore boarding house

Elena, Stefan, Damon, Bonnie, and Maddy all sat in the living room of the Salvatore boarding house. They were all discussing the Klaus situation for what seemed like the thousandth time today. He had compelled a girl from school to tell Elena to save him a dance. It had everyone but Maddy spooked. They already knew Klaus was somewhere close, so why make a big deal about it?

"So we go to the dance, we find him." Damon states.

"Really? How are we going to do that? We don't even know what he looks like." Stefan points out.

"Something tells me he's not going to be sixteen and pimply."

"He could be anywhere at any time. He compelled somebody at school." Stefan sighs. "I guess it's not as safe as you guys thought, huh?" He says, looking at Bonnie and Elena.

They hear a knock on the door and Alaric walks in. His eyes immediately land on Maddy, whose back was turned towards him. A small smile slowly appears on his face.

"There you are," Damon speaks.

"Sorry, I'm late." He apologizes, his eyes not moving from Maddy.

"Hey, I need you to put me and Maddy down as chaperones at the dance tonight. Klaus made his first move." Damon states.

"Absolutely not. I'm not going to some stupid teenage dance." Maddy refuses as she turns around.

Alaric's eyes scan over the strawberry blonde from head to toe as if he was seeing her for the first time. "You are beautiful." He says aloud.

Madison gives him a confused look along with the rest of the people standing in the room. "Uh, thanks. I already knew that."

"You're going Maddy, it's not up for debate. We'll need all the help we can get." Damon sighs.

"Um, who the hell do you think you're talking to?" Madison questions, stepping closer to the older Salvatore. "I don't recall signing up to be a part of the save Elena squad."

"Stop being a bitch." Damon demands.

"Kiss my ass."

"Okay guys, we don't have time for this. So we find him and then what, hmm? What's our plan of attack?" Elena speaks.

"Me. I'm the plan. He has no idea how much power I can channel. If you can find him, I can kill him." Bonnie states.

"That's not going to be that easy. I mean, he is the biggest, baddest vampire around." Alaric says.

"He's terrorizing teenagers, he must not be that big and bad if he can't pick on someone born in his own time frame." Maddy sighs, clearly sparking some kind of anger in the history teacher.