Chapter 43- Eleven doesn't die

"Hey!" I heard a familiar whisper and I jerked.

"Holy shit! You scared me!"

"Shhh! Someone will hear us," Ryder said, slipping into the bed. It did ignite sparks inside me but I tried to ignore them.

"Dr. Gavin already knows you snuck in last night and he thinks you're my boyfriend. Ewwwww!" I lied. Of course, I wanted him to ask me out.

"Well... Want to give him a show?" he asked, wiggling his eyebrows.

"Shut up!" I said, swatting him in the arm.

"Owww! That hurt!" He whined.

"Why are you here Ryder? Don't you have somewhere better to be?"

"I'd rather watch Stranger things here with you than fuck some random girl," he said, shrugging his shoulders.

"I feel so special!" I said, sarcastically, putting 2 hands on my heart. He mumbled something but I couldn't quite make out what it was.

"Start where we left off?" I asked.

"Naa! I watched 3 episodes so I figured we could watch the last 3 episodes right now," he said, switching on his MacBook. I smiled at him, entranced by his stormy grey eyes.

"How are you holding up?" I asked.

"I'm fine. I guess you people helped ease out the pain," he chuckled.

"Are you really?" I asked, noticing that he still wasn't as bright as before.

"No. I mean I can't forget her. Every time I go home, I imagine her calling my name and hugging me. It's like I can't live in that house without thinking about her. It kinda haunts me. Every time I go to sleep in my bedroom, it reminds me about how I will never be able to sleep with her in my arms," he said, on the verge of crying.

"It'll be okay. Just hold on to life, it will show you the path," I said, rubbing his hand.

"Thank you," he mumbled and I smiled at him.

"Come on! Don't cry right now because there's more crying coming up in these 3 episodes," I tried to lighten the mood and he stifled a laugh.

We completed season 1 and Ryder was crying his eyes out. I had seen it many times and knew that Eleven didn't die so I did not cry as much as him.

"Stop crying Eli," I said, in the end, trying to stop it.

"I like it," he replied.

"What? Stranger Things?" I asked, confused.

"No. The new name," he replied.

"It reminds me of her but I like it when you call it," he said in a soft tone. His eyes bore into mine with a different kind of twinkle. He slowly started to lean in and I was aware of the heat radiating off his body. As much as I wanted to lean in, I refrained and looked away because the last time we kissed, it ended up in us avoiding each other.

"Umm..." I tried to speak something but I couldn't.

"I'll leave now," he said.

"You can stay if you want to," I said, softly.

"There's no one at home," he said. It felt like he was trying to convince himself that he needed to go home.

I mustered up only an "okay" in response. I was still flustered from the near kiss we had.

"Take care Rory," he said, walking out the door, actually sneaking out. It had been a while since he called me Rory and it felt good.

"You too," I said, smiling to myself.