Chapter 10- The Punishment

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

What the hell!

The box had inside a Santa Claus costume with a fake beard and hair. Oh god! He is so going down. I had to stick with my bet so I wore the costume and went to the pool as quietly as I could.

"There you come, Santa! What took you so long?"

"It's not Christmas you see, so it takes a little longer to find homes and Naughty children on regular days than Christmas."

"As you say. Now give me my gift."

With that, I went up to the highest rock, sucked in air, and jumped straight into the pool. The water hit me and shivers ran down my spine. It was freaking cold. I again climbed out and repeated the same process for 6 times.

Before climbing the last time, I went towards Ryder, who was enjoying the view and pushed him into the pool. He didn't expect that.

Then I ran for the rocks and jumped into the pool, splashing water over Ryder, who had just surfaced.

"Liked the gift kiddo?" I asked teasingly.

"Of course," he replied with a smirk.

"You want more?"

"No, I think I'll wait until Christmas."

"Good. Bye kiddo!"

"Bye Santa!" he said with a smirk, seeing me shiver. How could he not shiver in such cold water? Did he have a heater installed inside his body or what? Leaving that topic aside, I quickly ran, got dressed, and went back to my room. I entered carefully, hoping not to wake up Syd. Thankfully, she was fast asleep.

I went beside her and slept carefully on the bed.

The next morning, I woke up to find the bed empty. I went downstairs and saw that most of them were having breakfast except Ryder, who like me had probably woken up late.

"Good Morning Aurelia!"

"Morning Mrs. Dalsy!"

"Go get ready quickly! I have made pancakes. They'll become cold."

"Ok!" With that, I went upstairs and quickly got ready. Seeing outside, it was sunny, so I wore a cute white dress with sunflowers printed on it. I went downstairs and saw that Ryder was having breakfast alone, while the others were in the living room. I went near Ryder and sat beside him, taking my own breakfast.

"You enjoyed last night, Santa?" He asked with a lopsided grin.

"Of course I did, except I caught a cold. Did you enjoy it?" I asked him with a raised eyebrow.

"Yeah! Watching you shudder, definitely. Jumping into the pool, not so much. Even I caught a cold," he replied.

"Whatever!" With that, we both started having pancakes and talking about stuff.

Soon we finished and he helped me wash the dishes.

Everyone was still watching T.V.

We went to the living room. This time they were watching Inception. It was a great movie that I had heard from many people. I had watched it but I didn't understand a single word. Of course not literally a single word but... you know what I mean. I sat there beside Syd, trying to understand it, but all in vain.

It seemed that the others understood it so I was cool with it. It seemed that they liked the concept of a dream within a dream within a dream within a dream. I don't know how many levels were there. I looked around the room and saw Ryder was also a little distracted, meaning that he wasn't interested in the movie. And then my stomach growled, asking me to feed it food.

"I am still hungry. Are there any pancakes left Mrs. Dalsy?" I asked quietly, not disturbing the others.

"No dear, but there are a few sandwiches."

"Ok! I'll go have them. As it is, I cannot understand the movie," I replied.

"Ok, dear!" She replied and started watching the movie again. Everyone was so into the movie that they didn't feel my absence once I started leaving the room. Although Ryder and Mrs. Dalsy looked at me, no one else did.

Once I reached the kitchen, I started eating the sandwich which was already made. If my stomach wasn't satisfied, I would have to make a sandwich which I think would not have a good outcome.

Soon I finished eating the sandwich and was about to leave when I heard a cry.

"Help!"

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey Guys! Sorry for updating a little late. It is still the flashback. Who could this person be? Probably a stranger or someone near to her? Comment below. Also, check these books out written by our friends. They are truly amazing. The first one is teen fiction while the second one is related to mafia and stuff. The third one is science fiction.

1. The Sun Shines Bright by LilyH2110.

2. His Heaven On Earth by SarahM158.

3. It Was Always Our Never by dianac2400.

Love you guys and thank you so much for sticking with us till here! Hope you guys stick till the end and we are warning you that there are gonna be many plot twists, so be ready for them in the future. Please vote and comment and share. We have 84 votes, which means a lot to us. Clicking that button will only take a second. There I think I hypnotized you to click it. Anyways, if you didn't get hypnotized, then do it freely. Keep on reading :)

-Rockinguls088<3