Chapter 17- Console

Aurelia’s POV

After taking a long shower and changing into Syd’s comfortable clothes we sat together watching television. We sat silently for half an hour until Syd spoke up…

“Aury I think you should tell Andrew everything.”

“No, are you mad? God knows how he’ll react.”

“I think it would be better if you tell him, instead he himself finds it out.”

“But…”

“Yaa, I know he won’t let that person survive and get detention and stuff but it's for your own good.”

“Okay okay, I’ll try.”

“No, no trying. You’re gonna tell him. Now.” she switched her phone on and dialed Andy going straight to voicemail.

“I need you here right now Andrew. It’s urgent.”

Andrew’s POV

While the coach was giving final instructions, I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I had no option other than not picking it up. After practice, as I got in the car I saw a voicemail from Syd. Yeah, I call her Syd now. I played it while starting the engine….

“I need you right now Andrew (engine making noises). It's urgent.” I chuckled inwardly knowing what she wanted.

After about 5 minutes of driving, I reached her house. I knocked without entering to see Lia and Syd watching TV. I had no idea what my sister was doing here. I had thought of something completely opposite.

“Hello, ladies! What’s so urgent?”

“Nothing, we just got bored….” Aury said not removing her gaze from the screen.

“So what’s for dinner?” I said falling on the couch.

“Aurelia James Parker! Shoot!” Syd shouted and Aury gave her a stern look.

“What’s going on?”

“Fine but you need to promise me not to hurt anybody,” Lia said looking at me.

“No guarantee! Plus what happened to your lip?” 

“Okay….” she breathed heavily. “I don’t know where to start,” she said holding her head.

“I’ll explain to you….” Syd said.

Syd explained everything that happened to Lia. That boy is gonna be dead within the next 24 hours. How can anyone even touch her? I’m an idiot to let her drink that much and play stupid party games. What type of a brother am I, who cannot even protect his sister?

“Andy it wasn’t your fault, I know what you're thinking,” Aury said in a cracked voice with a single tear dropping down her cheek.

“Hey, it’s okay. Don’t cry. That bastard is gonna die soon.” I said hugging her tight.

“No please, don’t hurt him more.”

“What do you mean by ‘hurt him more’?”

Aurelia’s POV

Oh shit! What did I just say? Now I’ll have to tell him about Ryder also.

"Tell me, Lia!"

"Rydersavedmewhenhesawthatguytouchingme!" I spoke as quickly as possible.

"What!"

"She is saying that Ryder beat the hell out of that guy and saved her," Syd replied.

"Oh!... Wait! I think that's why Ryder did not attend the practice. So when did this happen? And why did you not tell me EARLIER?"

"I woke up just now, alright! Ryder took me to his house but then I came here because I would feel more at home here, okay. I was going to tell you and you have no right to be angry at me!" I said with tears running down my eyes.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean it that way. C'mere," he said hugging me tightly again as if it were our last hug. We stayed that way for a few minutes.

"Let's get you home."

"I don't want momma to see me in this condition," I replied.

"You've gotta tell them."

"It's over and forgotten. I don't want that boy to go to jail or anything. It will spoil his life."

"What the hell Lia! You've gone nuts. We'll figure out what to do tomorrow. Let's go home right now." 

"Wait! I found this from the pocket of your clothes. Take this," Syd said, handing it to me.

"What's that?" Andy asked

"I don't know."
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Update! Sorry for the short chapter though. Hope you guys are fine! Go check out our new story!

Thank you so much for the support.

Keep reading!

-Rockinguls088<3