Chapter 31- Ryder's Car

As soon as we reached home, I received a text from Cole.

Cole: Everything okay?

Me: Yeah! My mother fell so she had to be admitted to the hospital. Nothing else.

Cole: I'm only one call away.

Me: You'll be there to save my daaaaay.

Cole: Superman got nothin' on me. I'm only one call away ;)

Me: I don't know the lyrics after this.(laughing emoji)

Cole: Me neither (laughing hard emoji).

I smiled to myself.

Cole: Good night Aury<3

Me: Sweet dreams:)

I smiled again at the heart. He is cute and definitely a boyfriend every girl would want.

But not you.

I went upstairs into my room and pulled over the blankets and in a second, my eyes closed.

I opened my eyes to the buzzing sound of the alarm. I stopped it and woke up. I had woken up early again so I could visit mom. I had set Andrew's alarm early too but I didn't think he'd wake up. I quickly got ready and took my books. I wore a black shirt with ripped jeans. I went downstairs and saw Andrew already sitting there, gobbling his breakfast down.

"You woke up?" I asked.

"Yeah. One, because I wanted to meet mom and second, I wasn't woken up at night," he said.

It took me a minute to process the words.

"Wait, so you said that I did not scream but I did have a nightmare," I replied, not quite remembering what it was about.

"They got better!"

"Probably. For the good," I added, taking a pancake.

"Come on! We'll be late," I said, pulling him after I finished the pancake.

"Let me finish at least," he replied with his mouth full. He quickly finished it and we went to the hospital.

"We were going to have a baby brother...Albert," I told Andrew.

"What does-"

"It means noble and bright, unlike you," I said, lightening the tense mood.

"Oh come on! It should be unlike us," he said before I playfully hit him on the arm.

We reached the hospital and when we entered the parking lot, I think I saw Ryder's. Audi but I wasn't so sure. We went upstairs to mom's ward and gave both of them fresh orange juice which we had picked up on our way to the hospital. Dad went home to freshen up and returned before we had to leave for school. Mom would be allowed to be taken home by today evening and that was a relief.

I still saw Ryder's Audi parked in the parking lot.

"Is that Ryder's car?"

"I don't know," replied Andrew.

We drove in silence and reached school within no time. My first slot was English. Andrew and I were a little late so Zach and Syd weren't there.

"Good day Andy!" I shouted, turning into the hallway which led to the English classroom.

"Same to you!" He replied, turning towards the other side.

I entered the classroom and saw Aarold sitting in his usual place.